D and L

Vietnam - I-130 for Parents

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am currently filing a petition I-130 for my parents.  It's probably another 2-3 months out until they make a decision and then will send to NVC.  

Can anyone let me know about the interview in Vietnam, whether they will let me or my sister (not on the petition application) in the consulate for the interview?  Or it has to be only the person on the application can be allow in the consulate. 

Please let me know because I do need it to plan a few things in Vietnam.

Thank you very much Andy.

By the way, do you know the types of information and/or documents that they generally ask for a the time of interview for parents?   I'm very familiar with K1 process but unfortunately i'm not as knowledgeable for the Parent's petition.

3 hours ago, H&T said:

IR5 visa for parents so they will ask about the relationship between you and your parents. For example: birth cert, school records, picture...

Thank you.  Do you know with the IR5, will the consulate in VN issue an interview date and time for my parents or do we set up the interview date and time by ourself like the K1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 9:28 PM, andynguyen said:

Remember to notify the Consular the mailing address for visa delivery prior to interview at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-niv-paymentinfo.asp#InstructionstoPayYourVisafee

after you have interview date set.

There is no such thing like to notify Consular prior to interview for IR visa. After the interview and approved, the beneficiary will register the address for visa delivery with EMS staff inside the consular.

Edited by H&T

10 minutes ago, H&T said:

There is no such thing like to notify Consular prior to interview for IR visa. After the interview and approved, the beneficiary will register the address for visa delivery with EMS staff inside the consular.

Sorry for misunderstanding. YES, you should register "online,"  at the link I provided above, the address for visa delivery prior to interview. The staff at consular don't do it for you. I experienced with my brother last month when he passed the interview at 10:30AM. The staff handed him a letter with a link to go online and register for visa delivery and print out the confirmation number then came back at 2PM and handed back to the staff. Back in 2016,  we dealt directly with EMS staff inside the consular.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.