Loveusa222

How long does it normally take to get a biometrics appointment?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello everyone 

So I’ve filed for my AOS on the 31st of December and received the NOA1 on the 8th of January my NOA1 received date is the 2nd of January. I still haven’t received a biometrics notice, is this normal? My case is at the NBC

Do I need to call and make sure I have not missed my bio  appointment? 

Please advise thank you 😄

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

The averagetime for biometrics is around full month after applying, check other AOS timelines from November-December. You should receive a notice around week before the date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Just now, Marcelina said:

The averagetime for biometrics is around full month after applying, check other AOS timelines from November-December. You should receive a notice around week before the date.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ayeshacharles said:

Hello everyone 

So I’ve filed for my AOS on the 31st of December and received the NOA1 on the 8th of January my NOA1 received date is the 2nd of January. I still haven’t received a biometrics notice, is this normal? My case is at the NBC

Yes, don't worry the notice will come!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ayeshacharles said:

Hello everyone 

My NO1 date is January 3rd, we received the bio-metrics appointment letter January 11th, it was scheduled for January 23rd. I think my husband got lucky and had the bio appointment scheduled really fast (1 week!). However if you are worried give USCIS a call, neither the old site nor the new site for case status check updated when appointment was scheduled, only updated on 1/25 when his fingerprints were processed. 

K1 

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Armenia 

I-129-F mailed to USCIS by attorney: 01-03-2018

NOA1: 01-08-2018 

NOA2: 07-24-2018 

NVC Recieved: 08-09-2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 08-13-2018

Left NVC: 08-21-2018

Consulate: 08-23-2018

Packet 3: 08-28-2018

Medical: 08-30-2018

Interview: 09-11-2018

Visa in Hand: 09-29-2018

POE: 10-03-2018 at Los Angeles, CA

Wedding: 11/16/2018

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AOS - Los Angeles, CA 

NO1: December 31, 2019 receipt date

Biometrics: 1/23/19 (letter received 1/11/19)

Biometrics processed: 1/25/19

Ready for Interview: April 3, 2019 AOS

Interview Scheduled Update: June 26, 2019 (letter received 7/1/2019)

Interview: August 6, 2019 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.