rickwaller

Green card without interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone, Has any one received their Green card without having an interview? I hear it is possible. Our priority date is May 29th 2018 and we are in Las Vegas. Our case was is ready to schedule for an interview as of December 6th 2018 and we have not heard from USCIS since that date. I did call last week and all they could tell me was that it was still at the National Benefits Center.
Hope we hear from them soon as my wife just suffered a heart attack and had a triple bypass on January 5th, she is recovering well but the stress is not helping.

TIA for any advice or feedback.

"Ready to schedule" just means your file is in line and it will be scheduled according to its spot in that line. Expect a long wait. 

AoS from K1 used to have interviews waived sometimes. But now they are basically mandatory. I can't remember if they officially said that anywhere but you should expect an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rickwaller said:

Hi Everyone, Has any one received their Green card without having an interview? I hear it is possible. Our priority date is May 29th 2018 and we are in Las Vegas. Our case was is ready to schedule for an interview as of December 6th 2018 and we have not heard from USCIS since that date. I did call last week and all they could tell me was that it was still at the National Benefits Center.
Hope we hear from them soon as my wife just suffered a heart attack and had a triple bypass on January 5th, she is recovering well but the stress is not helping.

Sorry to hear that Rick. USCIS have the right  to waive the Green Card interview if they feel its not needed. They only got this power recently. 

However are you the US citizen or is your wife? as if your wife is they you can definitely expedite the process on the basis of what has happened even if shes not a US citizen and you are you can claim still on the basis you suffered serve financial hardship 

Timeline

Here is the official Policy manual Rick hope this helps.

Definitely Request an expedite given your circumstances.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is possible, we didn't have an interview, but as of late it has become more frequent that people are interviewed.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Gama said:

Sorry to hear that Rick. USCIS have the right  to waive the Green Card interview if they feel its not needed. They only got this power recently. 

However are you the US citizen or is your wife? as if your wife is they you can definitely expedite the process on the basis of what has happened even if shes not a US citizen and you are you can claim still on the basis you suffered serve financial hardship 

Hi Gama, My wife is the US citizen, She is semi retired and worked when she could before the heart attack, I am retired but will most likely have to work when I am allowed to to at least pay the very large insurance deductible so we could possibly ask for our case to be expedited. Thanks we had not thought of that. We will investigate to see how we can do this.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, rickwaller said:

Hi Gama, My wife is the US citizen, She is semi retired and worked when she could before the heart attack, I am retired but will most likely have to work when I am allowed to to at least pay the very large insurance deductible so we could possibly ask for our case to be expedited. Thanks we had not thought of that. We will investigate to see how we can do this.

Hi Rick, sorry to hear about your wife having a heart attack, i hope everything gets back on track soon. if your wife worked before this indecent and suffered financial loss due to the heart attack. Then you most definitely have a very strong case you also have proof such as the very large insurance deductible that you had to pay and i am assuming she is no longer able to work because of the Heart attack she would be eligible for an expedite. 

All the best and good luck if i can help anymore let me know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, rickwaller said:

I knew someone on here (from canada) that got their green card before their ead! Within 4 months, however its super rare.

Most get an interview. The interviews arent that bad its just the waiting.. 

My file was in "ready to schedule interview" for 1 year. January 2018. (I applied december 2017) just got our interview and green card approval January 2019. 

Sorry to hear about your wife. 

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I wish her a speedy recovery. 

Even if you get an interview please don't stress. We adjusted from a tourist visa, we had an interview and I (USC) couldn't attend because I was in the hospital after surgery and I had complications. My husband went anyways, with an excuse letter from the doctor and asked to be rescheduled. At the second interview the officer asked me several times if I was doing OK. He seemed very caring. The interview itself was like a conversation and we got approved. Four weeks later he had the green card in hand :)

Timeline

Thanks all for your help and good wishes. I just got off the phone with USCIS , I filed an expedite request, they gave me a reference number and said that we should receive their response within five days.

Fingers crossed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.