3 posts in this topic

We have our interview for my husband(S.African) and I(American) in March but there is so much conflicting information between my instruction packet and the travel/state.gov website.  We have made our interview appointment, and in the appointment confirmation page it says to submit financial and supporting documents to the NVC for review before the interview, but my CR1 Instruction packet doesn't mention this at all. Do CR1 applicants need to submit supporting document before the interview to the NVC or will the consulate officers at the Seoul Embassy just review the documents themselves on the day of the interview? Anybody out gone through this process when applying in S.Korea?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

At NVC state For CR1 we pay 2 fees (AOS and visa application) and fill out the forms 

spouse does 260 after fee is paid and USC does the I 864 support affidavit 

you them will submit the supporting evidence thru CEAC site such as the spouse's crimianl report and the USC IRS tax transcripts

the original documents should be taken to the interview

for K1 all is done at embassy stage

20 hours ago, kris&me said:

At NVC state For CR1 we pay 2 fees (AOS and visa application) and fill out the forms 

spouse does 260 after fee is paid and USC does the I 864 support affidavit 

you them will submit the supporting evidence thru CEAC site such as the spouse's crimianl report and the USC IRS tax transcripts

the original documents should be taken to the interview

for K1 all is done at embassy stage

I know that every country has a different set or requirements and steps. kris&me, I am curious if you did your application at the Seoul Embassay because everyone else that I have talked to that interview at the Seoul Embassy did submit documents to the CEAC (other than the I864) or pay any fees before the interview. They said all of the documentation was looked over at the interview and fees were paid at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.