lenasophia

Argentina Medical - What if we don't have vaccination records?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi All!

My fiancé and I have already received NOA2 (filing from Argentina!) and are booking his medical appointment before the embassy interview. My question is, he does not have any vaccination records from childhood, etc. His parents died/are mentally ill and did not keep any. 

Is this a big deal? I feel like he isn't the first Argentine to not have their vaccination records on hand... Any tips? Should we even worry, will the doctor at the appointment figure out which ones he needs regardless?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by lenasophia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey! Argentinian girl here, same issue.

I talked to the doctors and they told me that we only need:

Triple bacteriana acelular - If lost records, we need to get the shots again

Triple viral - if lost records, we can get a "serologia" that shows the antibodies in blood

Varicela - if lost records, we can get a "serologia" that shows the antibodies in blood

Influenza - Irrelevant. We have to get the shot in the States, since Argentinian 2018 viruses are not the same as in the US, it's endemic.

Hope it helps!

Edited by M and Ed

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, M and Ed said:

Did you guys book the interview already or are you waiting to get all the papers together first?

Hi! Sorry for the delay here...

We already have everything together, just waiting on medical exam. Booking appointment has been confusing as there are no "slots" on the Argentina US Embassy website, and we cannot pay the fee until we book... but are trying to be patient.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, M and Ed said:

Triple viral - if lost records, we can get a "serologia" that shows the antibodies in blood

Varicela - if lost records, we can get a "serologia" that shows the antibodies in blood

Influenza - Irrelevant. We have to get the shot in the States, since Argentinian 2018 viruses are not the same as in the US, it's endemic.

Hope it helps!

Hi, thanks so much for your help!! Great to get an Argentine's perspective here.

Have you scheduled IV yet? We are confused as the Arg-US Embassy website does not show any time slots to book an interview, and we can't pay the fee until we schedule...

Timeline
2 hours ago, lenasophia said:

Hi! Sorry for the delay here...

We already have everything together, just waiting on medical exam. Booking appointment has been confusing as there are no "slots" on the Argentina US Embassy website, and we cannot pay the fee until we book... but are trying to be patient.

Hi, thanks so much for your help!! Great to get an Argentine's perspective here.

Have you scheduled IV yet? We are confused as the Arg-US Embassy website does not show any time slots to book an interview, and we can't pay the fee until we schedule...

Yeah... still waiting for a spot to open. All my documents are ready, but no dates available yet

Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 6:42 PM, M and Ed said:

Hope it helps!

Thank you so much for posting! My fiance and I will be in the same position later this year. He does not have any vaccination records either. It is very good to know that he can go to a doctor and get these shots and tests. Now I am curious: which vaccinations is the "triple viral" serologia covering?

Also, when you talked to the doctors, did they say that those procedures (triple bacteriana shot, triple viral serologia, and varicela serologia) can be done by any doctor? Or will those embassy-approved doctors want to do it themselves? If my fiance can take care of these things during these months when we are waiting for NOA2, that would certainly be more efficient! He lives in Cordoba, and it would be annoying to have even more things to take care of in BA. But of course we know that he will have to go to BA a few times anyway at the end of this process. :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ReyOfJakku said:

Thank you so much for posting! My fiance and I will be in the same position later this year. He does not have any vaccination records either. It is very good to know that he can go to a doctor and get these shots and tests. Now I am curious: which vaccinations is the "triple viral" serologia covering?

Also, when you talked to the doctors, did they say that those procedures (triple bacteriana shot, triple viral serologia, and varicela serologia) can be done by any doctor? Or will those embassy-approved doctors want to do it themselves? If my fiance can take care of these things during these months when we are waiting for NOA2, that would certainly be more efficient! He lives in Cordoba, and it would be annoying to have even more things to take care of in BA. But of course we know that he will have to go to BA a few times anyway at the end of this process. :)

They can be done by any doctor, no problem :)

Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, M and Ed said:

Yeah... still waiting for a spot to open. All my documents are ready, but no dates available yet

We emailed the embassy a couple of days ago and they gave us a date for 2 weeks from now!

I HIGHLY suggest getting them done by another doctor. Argentinian healthcare is free/low cost. My husband did all of the remaining shots he needed with a regular doctor and paid nothing. The embassy doctor charges a high price (like US prices).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.