Jump to content

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

In a few months i will filing my n400 apication online ( also have pending r.o.c.). My question is straight forward ...

What are the things do they require to upload in the intial online part and what can i take to the actual interview. Im guessing important things to upload would include the application form ,tax returns , front and back of green card , copy of passport, driving license etc. Also do i need updated criminal from south africa even tho i haven't been there for 13 years. I will get an updated criminal report from the u.k.  and would these also be jave to uploaded or can showing them at intervieq be ok.But what about all the bank statements,  utility bills, birthday cards , anniversary cards ,xmas cards , travel memories (boarding passes,hotel bills etc) photos? Can all these things be taken in binders to the interview?

If anyone that has applied online for n400  before can tell me exactly what they had to upload with intial application and what they took (or plan to take) to interview i would greatly appreciate it. 

Many thanks ,

Phil 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No updated police record is needed from any other country. You'll go through biometrics one last time.


Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, EM_Vandaveer said:

No updated police record is needed from any other country. You'll go through biometrics one last time.

Ty ... any thoughts on my other questions... no one else seems to wanna reply lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, ERFandPRW said:

Hi everyone, 

In a few months i will filing my n400 apication online ( also have pending r.o.c.). My question is straight forward ...

What are the things do they require to upload in the intial online part and what can i take to the actual interview. Im guessing important things to upload would include the application form ,tax returns , front and back of green card , copy of passport, driving license etc. Also do i need updated criminal from south africa even tho i haven't been there for 13 years. I will get an updated criminal report from the u.k.  and would these also be jave to uploaded or can showing them at intervieq be ok.But what about all the bank statements,  utility bills, birthday cards , anniversary cards ,xmas cards , travel memories (boarding passes,hotel bills etc) photos? Can all these things be taken in binders to the interview?

If anyone that has applied online for n400  before can tell me exactly what they had to upload with intial application and what they took (or plan to take) to interview i would greatly appreciate it. 

Many thanks ,

Phil 

The online application guides you through and will prompt you what documents are required. It will ask you only to upload the required documents and that's all is required. For criminal records, there are yes and no questions and if you answered yes to any questions, there is a field to give explanation for that!

Edited by love_my_wife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, love_my_wife said:

The online application guides you through and will prompt you what documents are required. It will ask you only to upload the required documents and that's all is required. For criminal records, there are yes and no questions and if you answered yes to any questions, there is a field to give explanation for that!

Ty i know that. I was looking for someone who had done it. I cant see exactly until my 90 day window opens . I was just hoping someone would had filed online already could tell me the exact things that need to be uploaded and the stuff that can be taken to interview...but thanks for answering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ERFandPRW said:

Ty i know that. I was looking for someone who had done it. I cant see exactly until my 90 day window opens . I was just hoping someone would had filed online already could tell me the exact things that need to be uploaded and the stuff that can be taken to interview...but thanks for answering 

You can start filling out your form already online but you cannot submit the form yet till its time. I started filling mine 6 months before time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ERFandPRW said:

Ty i know that. I was looking for someone who had done it. I cant see exactly until my 90 day window opens . I was just hoping someone would had filed online already could tell me the exact things that need to be uploaded and the stuff that can be taken to interview...but thanks for answering 

You can start filling up the form at any time as Cocoza has mentioned above. It will save the form data for 30 days without any activity and delete all the data afterwords but if you make any edits and save it, the 30 day clock will reset. So for example you start filing the form on day 1, and then come back on day 29 and make some edits and save, you will have another 30 days time to make edits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 6:29 PM, Cocoza said:

You can start filling out your form already online but you cannot submit the form yet till its time. I started filling mine 6 months before time.

Ty so much. Just seen ur reply 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, EM_Vandaveer said:

No updated police record is needed from any other country. You'll go through biometrics one last time.

If i have a minor criminal record from my country of birth and a country i lived in ( both expunged) do i need to get new police certificates at the time of application  for citizenship from both or should i only get them when i have a date for the citizenship interview so they are less than 6 months old ( so saving time and money by not having to get them twice). Also for the country i lived in i have the certificate from when i applied for the pending r.o.c. and its been nearly 13 years since i was last there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  As the certificates take a while to obtain i want to apply in good time that i have them that i can apply for citizenship within a week or so of being eligible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×