Toastbear

Fingerprints could not be verified for oath

4 posts in this topic

I had my interview today at the embassy in Frankfurt. When I gave the first officer my documents he already had problems with verifying stuff and he asked me to go to the computer that was standing there and fill out the ds form again and print it out again. So I did that and he told me it worked.

but when I was called for the interview the officer told me he cannot access my stuff to verify my fingerprints for the oath and he doesn’t know what to do. So he continued with the interview and at the end he told me he is gonna approve me but for the approval he needs that oath fingerprint verification. So he told me to sit down again and he called the service team or whatever. A few minutes later he called me up again and said he can’t reach anyone and also can’t give me an estimated time to have this fixed. He assured me it’s on their end and not me. So they will contact me and I need to come in again and do the oath again. What’s weird to me is, that other k1 people had no issues that day and I think it could be a problem because I cancelled the first interview appointment one hour after booking it and rescheduled it for a week later. 

Im just so devasted now because there is no estimate when and if they can fix it... 

has anyone ever experienced something like this? On my refusal notice he only checked the “other” section and wrote: oath confirmation. Also what makes me very angry is that I need to drive 4 hours up there again because of an error on their end... 

Sounds like there were issues with his electronic fingerprint pad. This is a part of the proceeds and must be done. Visas won't issue unless this box is checked on the forms. If he could not get tech support to fix it while you are there then you will need to go back. This is all part of the system and can not be short cutted. 

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

34 minutes ago, G Walters said:

Sounds like there were issues with his electronic fingerprint pad. This is a part of the proceeds and must be done. Visas won't issue unless this box is checked on the forms. If he could not get tech support to fix it while you are there then you will need to go back. This is all part of the system and can not be short cutted. 

Hello, thank you for your answer. 

I know that this part needs to be done, but he told me that its not the pad. He couldnt access my file/fingerprints or whatever it was. But he told me their fingerprint pad is fine.

And yes I know i have to go back, im worried about how long they will take to fix this :( and if they even can fix it...

Got an answer to my email from friday today:

We have checked with the visa unit and the issue has been resolved.  Please go ahead and schedule your new interview appointment through your profile at www.ustraveldocs.com/de.

I cant believe, that they want me to pay the interview fee again? I checked the website and I cant book a new interview date without paying the fee. 

This is driving me bananas, I almost feel like the person that answered my email did not read it completely, because the officer told me I would get a date from them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.