visavisa1

1R-1/CR-1 2018 W2 and tax returns

4 posts in this topic

Hi, 

if anyone has been to an interview at the Ghana US embassy this month, was your spouse or fiancé asked for their petitioner's 2018 W2 forms or 2018 tax returns? These documents are not available yet since its not the end of January? Please let me know your experience for those who have attended an interview this January. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

I hope they are not being stubborn about 2018 because my boy is going for his Diversity Lottery interview on February 9th and the affidavit of support we provided only included 2017.

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

Neither are you here to live up to mine.

I don't owe no one no obligation 
So everything is fine, fine

I said, I am that I am I am, I am, I am

2018 taxes are not due until April 15.  If your interview is after April 15 you should present the 2018 tax return or you extension letter.  If you interview is before April 15, the latest tax return is 2017.  They can't make you present a 2018 tax return when you haven't  received the W2 yet.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hello all

I have my interview on May 3rd, my joint sponsors filed for a 2018 tax extension, so I will present the extension letter together with the IRS transcript for 2017, plus 1040, 1099 and W2 (although in the instructions say that if we provide the IRS transcript, this forms are not needed).. Do you think this documents are enough for the embassy interview?

🕙Removal of conditions Timeline🕑

FEB/09/21   - Pkg sent from my location: Florida.

FEB/10/21   - Pkg Rcvd at Phoenix, AZ PO.BOX.

MAR/16/21 - Credit card charged $680.

MAR/20/21 - SMS with case number received.  Service center: MSC

MAR/22/21 - I-797 (18 months) Received on the mail

JUL/06/21 - Biometrics appointment rcvd on the mail.

JUL/20/21 - Fingerprints taken

NOV/10/21 - Case Is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

DEC/06/21 - Interview scheduled for Jan/18/22

JAN/18/22 - Interview / Permanent green card approved

JAN/19/22 - New card being produced

JAN/24/21 - 10 year green card received on the mail

🕙Citizenship Timeline🕑

MAR/01/22 -Applied for naturalization online

MAR/02/22- NOA received

MAR/05/22- Biometrics scheduled

APR/01/22- Biometrics taken/Case is being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

MAY/30/22- Received interview appointment 

JUL/13/22-Interview- Approved

JUL/15/22- Naturalization ceremony.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.