Minori

RFE I-864 just changed work

32 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Minori said:

I see, it’s different from K1 process... 

So even the RFE required tax return and tax documents, the income should meet the poverty line. Well I will have to get a paystub and a letter from my husband’s work until February. 

And maybe tax return and tax documents of 2017 should be included. You should submit exactly the documents the RFE asks for firstly and then secondly, any additional documents that help your case that you did not submit originally.

I applyed EAD and AP with AoS, but it seems taking time and no changes status, so I think the RFE affects those things too. 

No. EAD and AP is taking 4 to 6 months currently. That's why it's taking so long.

Thank you all here by the way! 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No. EAD and AP is taking 4 to 6 months currently. That's why it's taking so long.

They will not process dependent applications (I-131 and I-765) while the primary application has an RFE or RFIE.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

4 hours ago, geowrian said:

プライマリアプリケーションにRFEまたはRFIE がある場合、それらは依存アプリケーション(I-131およびI-765)を処理しません

😱😱😱

It should be. It’s natural that government doesn’t let foreigners work until they prove their finances. 

I have to call USCIS because one more letter should be delivered already. 

I am actually not good at listening English through the phone! 

6 minutes ago, Minori said:

Sorry it’s in Japanese language.

Actually my Japanese is basic but manageable. I read & listen much better than I write or speak, though! ;) I've visited Japan a few times and will again next year.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Here’s another question.  I called USCIS and could talk to a real person,  to request resend the RFE for me (the one I got was for my son ). She told me that I should create an account of USCIS website and go to the request and I entered my receipt number and so on. I didn’t get any confirmation email after that, so now I’m worried about that. When my husband called to request to resend the RFE, he could directly request to the person though. 

And I just want to make sure what I write on I-864, 

Can I write his future income he would get at current job? or old job from 2017? 

But there are also spaces for previous years income. 

Sorry for many questions because my husband doesn’t care and just waiting for something happens. 

My medical exam would Be almost expired in February because I took it February 2018. We will have to take it again for over $600 for two of us...!! 

Really sick of my husband’s slow acting! Sorry for complaining though

11 minutes ago, Minori said:

And I just want to make sure what I write on I-864, 

Can I write his future income he would get at current job? or old job from 2017? 

But there are also spaces for previous years income. 

Sorry for many questions because my husband doesn’t care and just waiting for something happens. 

My medical exam would Be almost expired in February because I took it February 2018. We will have to take it again for over $600 for two of us...!! 

Really sick of my husband’s slow acting! Sorry for complaining though

If you are going to submit the employment letter stating projected income and several paystubs you would enter that amount in current income. 

If you are just going to use the 2017 ITR (which you cant because it doesn't meet the FPGLs) then you would have reported that amount as current income. 

The Employment Letter + paystubs is still risky.

Get a joint sponsor. Final answer.

12 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

If you are going to submit the employment letter stating projected income and several paystubs you would enter that amount in current income. 

If you are just going to use the 2017 ITR (which you cant because it doesn't meet the FPGLs) then you would have reported that amount as current income. 

The Employment Letter + paystubs is still risky.

Get a joint sponsor. Final answer.

I see, yes if can find someone for a sponsor, it would be perfect. If USCIS doesn’t accept the letter and paystub, they will require a sponsor after that I send those as initial evidence, that is my understanding. Or just denied? Can I get RFE some times? I mean I will have chances to find a sponsor while waiting after submit a employment letter and paystubs? 

If we need a sponsor, my husband give up this process and get divorce, because he doesn’t have any people to ask. 

1 minute ago, Minori said:

I see, yes if can find someone for a sponsor, it would be perfect. If USCIS doesn’t accept the letter and paystub, they will require a sponsor after that I send those as initial evidence, that is my understanding. Or just denied? Can I get RFE some times? I mean I will have chances to find a sponsor while waiting after submit a employment letter and paystubs? 

If we need a sponsor, my husband give up this process and get divorce, because he doesn’t have any people to ask. 

Honestly (and unfortunately) you are already responding to an RFE. Their next response would most likely be an NOID. 

Honestly (as well) I'm really quite fed up with your husband myself, lol. He petitioned for you to come here full and well knowing he had to meet 125% of the FPGLs when you applied for AOS a few short months after you married. He should have planned better by getting a better job, or by postponing your K1 process so he could have savings set aside in anticipation of having to use that to boost his lack of income or by seeking out a joint sponsor a long time ago. He is putting you under unnecessary stress when in fact this is his doing. It should be him coming up with the remedy. 

I really cant offer any advice other than to submit the EVL and as many paystubs as you can get under your belt before the deadline of the RFE

I wish you all the luck in the world. Please keep us updated on how it turns out. I pray he gets his sh_t together and helps you figure this out.

8 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Honestly (and unfortunately) you are already responding to an RFE. Their next response would most likely be an NOID

Honestly (as well) I'm really quite fed up with your husband myself, lol. He petitioned for you to come here full and well knowing he had to meet 125% of the FPGLs when you applied for AOS a few short months after you married. He should have planned better by getting a better job, or by postponing your K1 process so he could have savings set aside in anticipation of having to use that to boost his lack of income or by seeking out a joint sponsor a long time ago. He is putting you under unnecessary stress when in fact this is his doing. It should be him coming up with the remedy. 

I really cant offer any advice other than to submit the EVL and as many paystubs as you can get under your belt before the deadline of the RFE

I wish you all the luck in the world. Please keep us updated on how it turns out. I pray he gets his sh_t together and helps you figure this out.

Oh yes, so for response to the RFE, I will have to collect and submit documents to meet the line at least, so you said risky for just a letter and paystubs from current work. The due seems end of March, so two stubs at the most if he could get until then. 

Yes, I actually told him some times about this because he used to work only 4 hours, and I found he wrote a lie for his income when I went to the interview for K1. Then told him again that we wouldn’t be able to apply for GC because his income didn’t meet, then he got worked for 8hours at old place. Then I told him it wouldn’t meet and wanted him to have stable income so finally he applied his job last summer and and and now finally got his job. I am really tired of rushing him. And today after I asked him if he asked about the letter, he finally asked at workplace. He has been working for 2 weeks but didn’t! 

I actually think I was used for Money and babysitting of his son. He has really shallow thoughts always. 

But You know, I don’t want to go back to my country because my son is getting used to the life here and he wants to try even struggling with his study in English. 

I don’t want to give up! 

4 hours ago, Minori said:

Oh yes, so for response to the RFE, I will have to collect and submit documents to meet the line at least, so you said risky for just a letter and paystubs from current work. The due seems end of March, so two stubs at the most if he could get until then. 

Yes, I actually told him some times about this because he used to work only 4 hours, and I found he wrote a lie for his income when I went to the interview for K1. Then told him again that we wouldn’t be able to apply for GC because his income didn’t meet, then he got worked for 8hours at old place. Then I told him it wouldn’t meet and wanted him to have stable income so finally he applied his job last summer and and and now finally got his job. I am really tired of rushing him. And today after I asked him if he asked about the letter, he finally asked at workplace. He has been working for 2 weeks but didn’t! 

I actually think I was used for Money and babysitting of his son. He has really shallow thoughts always. 

But You know, I don’t want to go back to my country because my son is getting used to the life here and he wants to try even struggling with his study in English. 

I don’t want to give up! 

I dont want you to give up either!!!! 

What was his 2018 income like again? Sorry this thread has been going on for too long for me to remember. Will he have met the FPGLs for your household size in 2018 based on his W2's? Can you ask him for his last paystub of 2018 so you can see his gross income?

PS I wouldnt worry about your medical expiring.

As long as you filed your AOS application within 1 year of your overseas medical date, it does not matter when you get an interview at the moment.

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I dont want you to give up either!!!! 

What was his 2018 income like again? Sorry this thread has been going on for too long for me to remember. Will he have met the FPGLs for your household size in 2018 based on his W2's? Can you ask him for his last paystub of 2018 so you can see his gross income?

PS I wouldnt worry about your medical expiring.

As long as you filed your AOS application within 1 year of your overseas medical date, it does not matter when you get an interview at the moment.

Thank you for helping really! 

His income 2018 might be like $19,000 at the most. 

Oh true. That’s a good news. 

2 minutes ago, Minori said:

Thank you for helping really! 

His income 2018 might be like $19,000 at the most. 

Oh true. That’s a good news. 

Okay then. That idea just got squashed, lol. 

The only remedy then is the EVL and as many current paystubs as you can get. And pray really hard they dont require a joint sponsor. 

I'm praying for you. Have faith!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.