gregcrs2

Any recent sucessful biometric walk-in at Tampa?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Recently applied for Removal of Conditions and received a biometric appointment for January 22. 

Unfortunately, we are leaving for a month on an international trip on January 19.

Has anyone recently have a successful walk-in biometric in Tampa? 

We want to try a walk-in but noticed that on the ASC Tampa website that they allow entrance by appointment only.  It's about a 2 hour drive for us.

Edited by gregcrs2

10 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Recently applied for Removal of Conditions and received a biometric appointment for January 22. 

Unfortunately, we are leaving for a month on an international trip on January 19.

We want to try a walk-in but noticed that on the ASC Tampa website that they allow entrance by appointment only.  It's about a 2 hour drive for us.

I do not have any experiences with Tampa ASC. I have done "walk-ins" in the past. My experience was that if you have proof that you will be out of the country during the appointment, they would do it. I believe it is at the discretion of the ASC which is probably related how busy they are, and how much the staff wants to help you, ...

23 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

I believe u can walk in early in afternoon cos morning are busy hours and u should talk to them about your international trip so i hope they can let u in only take 20 mins to done Make sure bring all documents like your plan ticket prints etc . good luck and let us knows how s go .. 

Office Days/Hours:

Monday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Edited by bestluck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We successfully completed a walk-in biometric appointment.  Arrived 20 minutes before 7am opening.  Unfortunately, the biometric section did not open until 7:30am.  The guard looks at everyone's appointment letter and we explained we were doing a walk-in because of an international trip.  No problem at all and we go through metal detector and usual x-ray conveyor belt stuff just like at the airport.  We were first in line at biometric section.  Explained the situation of why we needed a walk-in.  Again no problem at all and did not even ask to see our travel itinerary.  We even got ahead of people who had an appointment.  The receptionist filled out some paperwork, stamped the biometric appointment letter as having completed the biometric, added a form to fill out, and an additional internal form, plus our queue number, and paperclipped the green card to all the documentation.  The form for us to fill out which appears to be information for background check...height, weight, date of birth, all previous names used.  Receptionist told us to compete the form and come back to line 2.  We did so and she checked everything was filled out and told us to take a seat.  We did not even get to sit down and they called our number.  I was told to wait in the seating area while they did my wife's biometric of all 10 fingers, an electronic signature that everything on I-751 was true and accurate, and they took a photo.  They gave us back all documents and we were done.  Spent a total of 15 minutes there.  Everyone was polite.  Now we are impatiently hoping to get an extension letter.  It seemed very odd that we got a biometric appointment first and no extension letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.