Track13

Is a state ID (drivers license) required for the interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband had his green card interview at Houston field office on Tuesday. We had everything the officer asked for except my drivers license. I brought in my passport and birth certificate but left my license in the car. I told him I had it in my car and he didn’t ask me to go get it. We had everything else, like correct answers to questions, lease, Insurance, bills, joint tax return, etc...

At the end of the interview, the officer said everything looked fine, but he had only been doing interviews for 4 weeks so all cases had to be sent back to his supervisor for review. 😭

Now I keep worrying about this drivers license...should I be? I thought it was strange that even though i said I had it in my car if necessary that he didn’t want me to go get it. I thought I just needed federal ID so I brought passport and birth certificate in with all our evidence.

Edited by Track13

2 minutes ago, Track13 said:

My husband had his green card interview at Houston field office on Tuesday. We had everything the officer asked for except my drivers license. I brought in my passport and birth certificate but left my license in the car. I told him I had it in my car and he didn’t ask me to go get it. We had everything else, like correct answers to questions, lease, Insurance, bills, joint tax return, etc...

At the end of the interview, the officer said everything looked fine, but he had only been doing interviews for 4 weeks so all cases had to be sent back to his supervisor for review. 😭

Now I keep worrying about this drivers license...should I be? I thought it was strange that even though i said I had it in my car if necessary that he didn’t want me to go get it. I thought I just needed federal ID so I brought passport and birth certificate in with all our evidence.

Nothing to worry about. Your passport proves US Citizenship over everything. The benefit of a DL would be to prove you live at the same address as your spouse.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

No worries. Almost no one gets approved on the spot, cause most officers that do the interviews don't have the power to grant an approval or denial. Did he say he's going to advice for approval? Anyway, since he said everything looked fine you probably will get an answer end of this week or somewhere next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, C90 said:

No worries. Almost no one gets approved on the spot, cause most officers that do the interviews don't have the power to grant an approval or denial. Did he say he's going to advice for approval? Anyway, since he said everything looked fine you probably will get an answer end of this week or somewhere next week.

He said he’s only been doing interviews for 4 weeks so he had to send our case to his supervisor, but things looked fine. He said a couple weeks was an estimate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.