rejzmjs84

Passport Renewal

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

I am trying to renew my passport. I am from the Philippines. I requested a report of marriage from the Philippines but it was NEGATIVE since my marriage was not reported (we were unaware that we need to report it). So , we filed for the Report of Marriage and the Chicago Consulate sent me the Certificate. I did this a year ago. My question is : Do I need to request a PSA ROM again or I will just show them the certificate that I got from the consulate? Do I need a PSA Birth Certificate to renew my passport? Thanks. 

Sincerely,

Merejen Hardy

6 minutes ago, rejzmjs84 said:

Hi guys,

I am trying to renew my passport. I am from the Philippines. I requested a report of marriage from the Philippines but it was NEGATIVE since my marriage was not reported (we were unaware that we need to report it). So , we filed for the Report of Marriage and the Chicago Consulate sent me the Certificate. I did this a year ago. My question is : Do I need to request a PSA ROM again or I will just show them the certificate that I got from the consulate? Do I need a PSA Birth Certificate to renew my passport? Thanks. 

Sincerely,

Merejen Hardy

You should have known it before you can travel abroad from cfo.

They have forms/instructions online for ROM from Philippines embassy. 

3 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

You should have known it before you can travel abroad from cfo.

They have forms/instructions online for ROM from Philippines embassy. 

Please read carefully they already did the ROM here in the USA at the Chicago consulate. 

3 hours ago, rejzmjs84 said:

Hi guys,

Sincerely,

Merejen Hardy

No, you are fine na since you already did the ROM with the consulate. So now you just show them that you did the ROM with the certificate in order to renew the passport in your married name. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys for your input. I am waiting for the Philippine Outreach Program here in Texas to renew my passport. They should have several throughout the year. 

5 minutes ago, rejzmjs84 said:

Thank you guys for your input. I am waiting for the Philippine Outreach Program here in Texas to renew my passport. They should have several throughout the year. 

When they do put it up make sure you sign up right away because spots fill up FAST and most of the time they do not take walk ins. 

6 hours ago, rejzmjs84 said:

I just noticed that they reopened the Houston consulate.  I'm not sure if they are doing passports yet. There is no information on the consulate other than the press release.

https://dfa.gov.ph/dfa-news/dfa-releasesupdate/17927-ph-reopens-consulate-general-in-houston

The LA Consulate removed Texas from it's list of states served.

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.