spielerin

N-400 Jan 2019 Filers

784 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, eastrawi said:

Hi. I would strongly recommend you to check the N400 processing time per your location.  I went to Indonesia for a month in August 2018 knowing that USCIS was still processing the applications from 6 months ago.  Though I find it not very accurate but at least it is something.  Check out: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the link. I learned something new.  

ROC Timeline:

Date Filed: September 18, 2017  (California Service Center)

ROC Approved: November 28,2018

10yr GC Received: December 6, 2018

N-400 Naturalization Timeline: (ONLINE)

(Day 00)Date Submitted, Received, Cashed, NOA & NOA Letter posted online: January 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 01)Date NOA Letter was mailed: January 31, 2019

(Day 02)Date Case Status Update: February 1, 2019 (BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED NOTICE)

(Day 03)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter was mailed: February 2, 2019

(Day 05)Date NOA received in the mail: February 4, 2019 

(Day 06)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter posted online: February 5, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 10)Date Biometrics Appointment Letter received in the mail: February 9, 2019

(Day 23)Date of Biometrics: February 22, 2019 COMPLETED 

(Day 23)Date Case Status Update:  February 22, 2019 (BIOMETRICS ACTIVELY REVIEWED)

(Day 211)Date INTERVIEW Appointment letter was mailed: August 29, 2019

(Day 211)Date Case Status Update : August 29, 2019 (7 months from filing) (INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 212)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter posted online: August 30, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 222)Date INTERVIEW Appointment Letter received in the mail: September 7, 2019

(Day 241)Date of INTERVIEW: October 10, 2019 (8 months & 1 week from filing) (PASSED!!! )

(Day 241)Date Case Status Update: October 10, 2019 (NATURALIZATION CEREMONY WAS SCHEDULED)

(Day 241)Date OATH CEREMONY NOTICE was mailed: October 10, 2019 

(Day 243)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter posted online: October 12, 2019 (PDF POSTED ONLINE)

(Day 249)Date OATH CEREMONY Appointment Letter received in the mail: October 18, 2019 

(Day 256)Date of OATH CEREMONY: October 25,2019 

9 hours ago, eastrawi said:

In the Seattle office, I had to endure a 13 months wait.  Seattle is way too backlogged.

Sharing my timeline.  Good luck to y'all.Timeline.PNG.2c33e121b55a52d18d5168afbdc648e6.PNG

Congrats! Can you please share your interview experience? Questions they asked you? What docs wanted from you ? are you applying based on 5 or 3 years? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, lovemywife85 said:

Congrats! Can you please share your interview experience? Questions they asked you? What docs wanted from you ? are you applying based on 5 or 3 years? Thanks!

It was surprisingly quick and straightforward.  They kept the appointment really tight.  My appt was at 8am and only a minute or two off the mark I got called in.

Walked through a long hallway and I used this chance to calm myself with casual small talk.  The IO was courteous but focus.

We got in to his office, stood and took oath and sat down.  He then explained the plan for me, i.e., he was going to do the civic, english test, then proceed with the application.

Civic test was as expected, passed the first 6 so we stopped.  English test was simple.

He then loaded my application and ask questions to confirm and/or to get assurances from me.  I asked the IO that I no longer wanted a name change and he obliged by changing the application.

I made several minute errors on the application and he helped correct them for me.  

Overall, it took only 15 minutes, in and out.  

One last thing - like has been said many times - be truthful.  They have all the information about you (and spouse).  They even have visibility to your tax information! (I think).

Good luck!

Edited by eastrawi

4 minutes ago, eastrawi said:

It was surprisingly quick and straightforward.  They kept the appointment really tight.  My appt was at 8am and only a minute or two off the mark I got called in.

Walked through a long hallway and I used this chance to calm myself with casual small talk.  The IO was courteous but focus.

We got in to his office, stood and took oath and sat down.  He then explained the plan for me, i.e., he was going to do the civic, english test, then proceed with the application.

Civic test was as expected, passed the first 6 so we stopped.  English test was simple.

He then loaded my application and ask questions to confirm and/or to get assurances from me.  I asked the IO that I no longer wanted a name change and he obliged by changing the application.

I made several minute errors on the application and he helped correct them for me.  

Overall, it took only 15 minutes, in and out.  

One last thing - like has been said many times - be truthful.  They have all the information about you (and spouse).  They even have visibility to your tax information! (I think).

Good luck!

I appreciate your help! Thank you so much did they schedule your Ceremony? one last thing is you applying based on Marriage thanks!

Hello All,

Congratulations for whom got their interviews and Oath ceremony done, and good luck for whos still waiting. 

I'm wondering if anyone has I-751 was pending got approval for I-751 or got Compo interview.

I've been waiting for I-751 since February last year and applied for N-400 on January 2019. Just got one notification said my I-751 has been transferred to another office.

Is anyone here has the same situation?

Thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Hello All,

Congratulations for whom got their interviews and Oath ceremony done, and good luck for whos still waiting. 

I'm wondering if anyone has I-751 was pending got approval for I-751 or got Compo interview.

I've been waiting for I-751 since February last year and applied for N-400 on January 2019. Just got one notification said my I-751 has been transferred to another office.

Is anyone here has the same situation?

Thanks. 

Yeah were on the same boat bout the ROC then i applied for n400, then i got combo interview...after interview my status kept changing everyday for I-751 n this morning it change again to your application was approved 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, lovemywife85 said:

I appreciate your help! Thank you so much did they schedule your Ceremony? one last thing is you applying based on Marriage thanks!

No problem. I am glad to return the favor this forum had given me.

In Seattle, it is apparently common to have same day ceremony if the interview time is early enough.

The IO asked me if I was interested in the same day ceremony...man, did I quick to respond.

I heard the IO said something about 90 people to capacity in the ceremony per day M-Th.

My wife sponsored me and I applied for naturalization after my gc was almost expired (10 years).

1 hour ago, brien0512 said:

Yeah were on the same boat bout the ROC then i applied for n400, then i got combo interview...after interview my status kept changing everyday for I-751 n this morning it change again to your application was approved 

This sounds good. At least you got your interview done. I didn't get an interview appointment or anything regarding both cases.

If you don't mind, Where you submitted your I-751 and when also when did you apply for N-400? and how long it took to get the interview?

Thanks. 

Filed: Timeline
On 4/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, eosorio07 said:

Hello Family..

I have my interview yesterday,  and it well because it was fast, I pass the civics question and the English, when the IO ask me question about my N-400, everything was good, she asked me how many childrens do I have I reply 2, 1 biological child and an step child. she proceed to ask me if my child support was mandatory or voluntary, which I reply voluntary ( I have a letter from my daughter's mom saying that I have been paying my daughter's child support up to date even though my daughter is 18 and is college now), she saw the letter, it was a simple letter.  She proceed with the "have you EVER" questions, until this point i had pass around 8-10 minutes.  and then she says  that I pass the civics and English test, but that I will received a letter on the mail with a guideline of how my EX have to make the letter, and  do the letter ans send it back to her and once she gets the letter she will approved my case...

Any advise on how to do the letter?

Hello Friends any suggestion here? 

• (0 Days) 02/08/14---- I485, I130, I765 Sent
  • (2 Days) 02/10/14 ---- USPS.COM package deliver
  • (12 Days) 02/19/14 ---- NOA Received for all apps
  • (20 Days) 02/27/14 ---- NOA1 Biometrics app for I485, I765 Appointment for 03/13/14
  • (21 Days) 02/28/14 ---- Successful walk in for biometrics at local UCIS Miami --- Same day license renew
  • (48 Days) 03/27/14 ----- Driver License arrived
  • (54 Days) 04/02/14 ----- Status change online for I485 "testing Interview"
  • (61 Days) 04/09/14 ----- Called UCIS to expedite my I765
  • (62 Days) 04/10/14 ----- Meet with my congressman asking him to call on my behalf to expedite my I765
  • (63 Days) 04/11/14 ----- Email recieved from USCIS Requesting proof of financial hardship and job offer FAX SENT @16:02 04/11/14
  • (68 Days) 04/16/14 ----- EAD Status change to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION" :dance: :dance: :dance: ----- notification Via E-mail and Txt
  • (73 days) 04-21-14 ----- As per USCIS Email EAD was Mailed today Tracking number ETA 4/23 As per USPS.com
  • (76 days) 04-24-14 ----- EAD arrived a day later than the USPS estimate, I went to SSA to apply
  • (83 Days) 05-01-14 ----- SSC Arrived AND THE NUMBER IS 123-45-6789 ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • (95 Days) 05-13-14 ----- I485 interview date sent for June 16, 2014
  • (134 DAYS) 05-16-14 ------ INTERVIEW DAY........ OUTCOME IO SAY THEY WILL MAKE A DECISION IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS
  • (143 DAYS)06-25-14 ------ - E-MAIL & TXT RECEIVED FROM USCIS STATUS CHANGE FOR CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION THANK GOD....!!!!!!
  • (145 DAYS)06-27-14 ----- GC ARRIVED TODAY IN THE MAIL........

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent
  • 05-04 ---- Package arrived as per USPS Online
  • 05-10----- Proof of delivery confirmation arrived USPS
  • 05-16 ---- NOA1 Received
  • 06-13 ----- biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, mz_066 said:

This sounds good. At least you got your interview done. I didn't get an interview appointment or anything regarding both cases.

If you don't mind, Where you submitted your I-751 and when also when did you apply for N-400? and how long it took to get the interview?

Thanks. 

I applied last january 14 cincinnati ohio got my noa1 after 5 days then biometric february 6 i recieved notice for interview last march then april 15 was my interview 

30 minutes ago, brien0512 said:

I applied last january 14 cincinnati ohio got my noa1 after 5 days then biometric february 6 i recieved notice for interview last march then april 15 was my interview 

Thanks, We have the same dates until biometric I haven't har anything back. Hopefully, they update me soon.

1 hour ago, Chuedunc said:

I just had my Oath Ceremony  this morning and it was a good experienced. I’d like to thank everyone who helped me. Good luck to those who are still waiting!☺️

CONGRATULATIONS!

Did they have other services there for you after the ceremony - like, to apply for your U.S. passport, voter registration, etc?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just got an update on my case from the USCIS case status online. MY INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED. Am confused, on my N 400 USCIS account is still showing WE REVIEWED YOUR BIOMETRICS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.