Jump to content
Chris Duffy

Throw Away Ticket When Traveling to PI for long stay

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My understanding if wanting to stay longer than 30 days you must have a throw away ticket if a US Citizen if staying longer than 30 days.

 

So I buy a RT from USA to PI and back, but show the ticket I bought from Manila to HK leaving within 30 days of my entry.

 

This should satisfy the airlines or BI in Philippines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

My understanding if wanting to stay longer than 30 days you must have a throw away ticket if a US Citizen if staying longer than 30 days.

 

So I buy a RT from USA to PI and back, but show the ticket I bought from Manila to HK leaving within 30 days of my entry.

 

This should satisfy the airlines or BI in Philippines

Yes .. most airlines do check your return date on your RT ticket, you would need a throwaway to get past the ticket agents at the (USA) airport.  UNLESS you are traveling with your asawa .. the airlines are aware of the BB privilege for a one year visa free stay.

 

Ticket agents have started to question me on this .. then they look beside me and see my asawa .. discussion ends.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part 2

 

If I flew in and stayed a little while (less than 30) and had throw away ticket.  The wife arrives a few weeks later, I could fly out to say HK and back in and have her or I wait to go thru customs and then enter the PI and I could get the BB visa.

 

There is no rule that state we must fly together on same plane to get BB visa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Part 2

 

If I flew in and stayed a little while (less than 30) and had throw away ticket.  The wife arrives a few weeks later, I could fly out to say HK and back in and have her or I wait to go thru customs and then enter the PI and I could get the BB visa.

 

There is no rule that state we must fly together on same plane to get BB visa

I suppose it depends on how long you intend to wait.  A few minutes or a few days.  I doubt they will let you loiter very long


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Part 2

 

If I flew in and stayed a little while (less than 30) and had throw away ticket.  The wife arrives a few weeks later, I could fly out to say HK and back in and have her or I wait to go thru customs and then enter the PI and I could get the BB visa.

 

There is no rule that state we must fly together on same plane to get BB visa

At entry you both have to clear Immigration together to get the BB stamp  .. doesn't matter if you are on different flights.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I suppose it depends on how long you intend to wait.  A few minutes or a few days.  I doubt they will let you loiter very long

It would be less than one hour, if I plan the trips out right

 

This is just thinking out loud as well

48 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

At entry you both have to clear Immigration together to get the BB stamp  .. doesn't matter if you are on different flights.

That is what I was thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 8:10 AM, Hank_ said:

Yes .. most airlines do check your return date on your RT ticket, you would need a throwaway to get past the ticket agents at the (USA) airport.  UNLESS you are traveling with your asawa .. the airlines are aware of the BB privilege for a one year visa free stay.

 

Ticket agents have started to question me on this .. then they look beside me and see my asawa .. discussion ends.

I had an interesting experience during our Hong Kong vacation within a vacation.  Cathay Pacific would not issue my Hong Kong to Manila boarding pass until I showed my Manila to Hong Kong ticket for the following week.  I didn't have anything with me but since I booked the flight on Cathay they were able to find it.  


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

 

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

 

IMG_7714.jpg.2782f301709f81dd223fe1b62d085472.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I had an interesting experience during our Hong Kong vacation within a vacation.  Cathay Pacific would not issue my Hong Kong to Manila boarding pass until I showed my Manila to Hong Kong ticket for the following week.  I didn't have anything with me but since I booked the flight on Cathay they were able to find it.  

You were doing the throw away ticket?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

You were doing the throw away ticket?  

No.  It was just the first time I realized that if I didn't have a ticket out of Manila I would not have been allowed to leave Hong Kong.  Now I understand the throwaway ticket better.


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

 

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

 

IMG_7714.jpg.2782f301709f81dd223fe1b62d085472.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 7:10 AM, Hank_ said:

UNLESS you are traveling with your asawa .. the airlines are aware of the BB privilege for a one year visa free stay.

 

Ticket agents have started to question me on this .. then they look beside me and see my asawa .. discussion ends.

Hi. So if my husband and my two kids travel with me to the Philippines, we would be okay to enter without a return ticket since I am a Filipina and can be under the Balikbayan visa? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, M&JB said:

Hi. So if my husband and my two kids travel with me to the Philippines, we would be okay to enter without a return ticket since I am a Filipina and can be under the Balikbayan visa? 

 

 

They get the BB Privilege not you, But since it's your country you don't need anything to enter or stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

They get the BB Privilege not you, But since it's your country you don't need anything to enter or stay. 

I am the Filipino citizen, they’re all US citizens. We are all traveling together. So me, as the filipino, can be qualified for the BB visa and since they are my immediate family who are traveling with me, can’t their passport be stamped with BB visa too? And my main concern, it’s okay with only one way tickets?

So sorry for the confusion, just want to be really clear about it

Edited by M&JB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, M&JB said:

Hi. So if my husband and my two kids travel with me to the Philippines, we would be okay to enter without a return ticket since I am a Filipina and can be under the Balikbayan visa? 

 

 

Balikbayan is a privilege not a visa.   For your husband to get the BB stamp in his passport you need to be with him as he clears immigration upon arrival.   The Balikbayan stamp is good for one year.  Not sure the airline would allow a one way ticket with that, as the BB stamp has a one year limitation, so with a one way ticket he may still need the throw away ticket.

 

Your kids are not dual citizens ... you are the birth mother?   Then they are dual citizens .. you need only to apply for Philippine passports for them IF you completed Report of Birth when they were born.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Balikbayan is a privilege not a visa.   For your husband to get the BB stamp in his passport you need to be with him as he clears immigration upon arrival.   The Balikbayan stamp is good for one year.  Not sure the airline would allow a one way ticket with that, as the BB stamp has a one year limitation, so with a one way ticket he may still need the throw away ticket.

 

Your kids are not dual citizens ... you are the birth mother?   Then they are dual citizens .. you need only to apply for Philippine passports for them IF you completed Report of Birth when they were born.

We won’t stay even a year, probably at least a month or two. Our kids are not dual citizens yet. I have not done report of births or philippine passport for them.Yes, I am the birth mother and it say that on both of their birth certificates. So we ( they, at least ) will definitely need a return ticket before entering the Philippines? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×