Jump to content
Commish10

Bringing dog from Philippines to US

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello! This blog might help http://www.bradleyfarless.com/exporting-cats-from-the-philippines-to-the-usa-via-delta-airlines/

 

I was originally planning on bringing my cat to the US. 

 

As far as I know, you need to get export papers from Bureau of Animal Industry.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Commish10 said:

My Fiancee has Dachshund. Anybody have any experience?

I found this for bringing pets into the USA

http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/travel/pets_wild.ctt/pets.pdf


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Commish10 said:

My Fiancee has Dachshund. Anybody have any experience?

Easy to do.   I have brought my dog to the Phils numerous times and so of course had to bring her back home again.  Screw Worm is the thing USDA watches out for, plus current vaccinations - rabies, distemper.    You will need a certificate from a veterinarian, take that to BAI (Bureau of Animal Industries) in Quezon City to get the necessary papers for travel.   If you travel through Japan they will want a copy of the rabies certificate .. so have extra copies.

 

If you ship the dog I am sure they require you give them copies of all the documents for the transport process, which would be close to the same as what I deal with.      

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Easy to do.   I have brought my dog to the Phils numerous times and so of course had to bring her back home again.  Screw Worm is the thing USDA watches out for, plus current vaccinations - rabies, distemper.    You will need a certificate from a veterinarian, take that to BAI (Bureau of Animal Industries) in Quezon City to get the necessary papers for travel.   If you travel through Japan they will want a copy of the rabies certificate .. so have extra copies.

 

If you ship the dog I am sure they require you give them copies of all the documents for the transport process, which would be close to the same as what I deal with.      

Did you fly them on the plane as Service Animals? Or put them in cargo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Did you fly them on the plane as Service Animals? Or put them in cargo?

My dog is a service dog... travels in style


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hank_ said:

My dog is a service dog... travels in style

Whom did you fly?

 

My nephew and his wife just moved to Philippines and flew PAL.  They had to jump thru hoops to get there dogs to fly as service animals.

 

Wasn't too bad going from US to Philippines, but once they got to Manila and flying them to Davao as Service Animals they said it was hard and they tried (PAL Airlines) everything they could to not let the dogs fly as Service Animals on domestic in Philippines

 

Did you just fly from USA to Manila? Or did you catch a domestic flight and try to fly them as Service Animals?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

Whom did you fly?

 

My nephew and his wife just moved to Philippines and flew PAL.  They had to jump thru hoops to get there dogs to fly as service animals.

 

Wasn't too bad going from US to Philippines, but once they got to Manila and flying them to Davao as Service Animals they said it was hard and they tried (PAL Airlines) everything they could to not let the dogs fly as Service Animals on domestic in Philippines

 

Did you just fly from USA to Manila? Or did you catch a domestic flight and try to fly them as Service Animals?

 

 

I fly Delta, to keep things simple I avoid flights where the 2nd airline is foreign and the transfer is outside the USA.   And Delta is one of the few that fly from the USA to Manila and back again.

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I fly Delta, to keep things simple I avoid flights where the 2nd airline is foreign and the transfer is outside the USA.   And Delta is one of the few that fly from the USA to Manila and back again.

 

 

I have been flying Delta the last few years also, since they expanded and started doing regular trips to Manila.

 

They had pure hell getting the dogs from Manila to Davao City, one of the FA told him that is the first time they had ever seen a service animal on a PAL domestic flight

Edited by Chris Duffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×