Scottish Mernymph

Case number recieved from NVC, do I have to wait...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

....on London Embassy contacting me? Or can I go ahead & contact them(& doctor) to schedule my appointments?

Currently awaiting documentation(finiancial support) from lawyer in US.

Time to gather all the other required docs(most of which I've done already-just needing to complete DS-160, medical questionairre & get photos up to date, US requirement photos done).....

Anything I'm missing?

As soon as you have a case number you can call to schedule your medical appointment (http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/). When I scheduled mine, there was about a 4 week wait. Once it is 'in transit' on CEAC (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV) you should also be able to use your LND case number to apply for your visa and schedule an interview via the online system (https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/). Make sure you leave at least 10 clear working days between your medical and embassy appointment. Knightsbridge are currently running much more slowly than they used to. My medical had not reached the embassy on time (7 working days), so I was handed a blue 221(g) visa refusal form at the embassy and put in administrative processing, which can significantly slow down the process as you may be treated as a lower priority if all of your documentation is not ready at the time of your interview. My medical arrived at the embassy on the 9th working day, so two days after my interview.

For your medical, make sure you have a patient care summary from your GP, your police certificate, passport, 4x passport photos, completed questionnaire, vaccination records, a print-out of your LND case number (either the NVC print-out or the confirmation sent when you book your embassy appointment will do), and reports from your doctor on any serious prior or ongoing conditions. They won't sign off your medical without these.

Looks like its 2 months from documentary qualified and interview in London. 

Just remember you need to enter the US 6 months from the day of your medical. 

If I were you i'd do the same as I did. The day I became documentary qualified I arranged my medical. 

I did this incase anything came up and needed to leave for the US later.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.