MsKayC

After interview CR1..HELP

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My husband had his CR1 interview on December 3rd. No Visa issued as yet. I was checking the ceac status update and it remained  “Ready” status since the interview. I decided to log in to view the ceac account and realized the Civil documents showed invalid status (it was previously accepted). It shows our marriage certificate and his birth certificate were rejected after interview. The notes now say “Documents presented at interview is different copy than the one uploaded. Uploading new marriage/birth certificate” (I believe this is the case because we had two copies issued from the registrar one he kept and the one I kept apparently has different bar code numbers, the one I uploaded is a different bar code number to the one he took to the interview)   The embassy has not told us anything, we just happened to see this. I am not sure if it means we have to upload the document or if the embassy is doing it because the wording is “Uploading” as if they will be doing it. Does anyone know if I am supposed to do it or If they do it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Contact your embassy asap! My husband's visa felt like it was taking forever (it wasn't really... we were just worried he wouldn't get here in time for Christmas) and we emailed the embassy and they sorted it out right away.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, MsKayC said:

Hello all,

My husband had his CR1 interview on December 3rd. No Visa issued as yet. I was checking the ceac status update and it remained  “Ready” status since the interview. I decided to log in to view the ceac account and realized the Civil documents showed invalid status (it was previously accepted). It shows our marriage certificate and his birth certificate were rejected after interview. The notes now say “Documents presented at interview is different copy than the one uploaded. Uploading new marriage/birth certificate” (I believe this is the case because we had two copies issued from the registrar one he kept and the one I kept apparently has different bar code numbers, the one I uploaded is a different bar code number to the one he took to the interview)   The embassy has not told us anything, we just happened to see this. I am not sure if it means we have to upload the document or if the embassy is doing it because the wording is “Uploading” as if they will be doing it. Does anyone know if I am supposed to do it or If they do it?

I hope this gets sorted fast for you! I know my dear husband at least won’t be here for Christmas. They put him in administrative processing 

3 hours ago, qianl said:

I hope this gets sorted fast for you! I know my dear husband at least won’t be here for Christmas. They put him in administrative processing 

I just uploaded the documents and submitted it on ceac yestersay.. we emailed the embassy and no response as yet.. I hope they respond soon

11 hours ago, hm139 said:

Contact your embassy asap! My husband's visa felt like it was taking forever (it wasn't really... we were just worried he wouldn't get here in time for Christmas) and we emailed the embassy and they sorted it out right away.

We emailed them yesterday hope they respond soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.