Mikeyn92

Affidavit of Support form Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I didn't put mine in an envelope, mine was a photocopy that was on company letterhead, dated, and signed by the employer. It was sufficient in Australia !

For the bank statement my fiance went to his bank and they printed out a statement of his accounts and stamped it with a signature/date. I took a photocopy of this as well which was enough. He had to go to the bank and get that. 

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did employment letter on company letterhead. For the bank I went to them in person, asked for such letter. They've wrote them on the spot and gave them to me.

With it I've attached my bank statements from the previous 12 months.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

employment letter printed on company letterhead is fine.

bank letter not required unless you are self employed or using assets to meet income requirements.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.