coa24

DCF Manila December Filing

19 posts in this topic

Filed December 12, 2018.

Made appointment through USCIS. It really sped up the process to get serviced. We jumped ahead of all the walk-ins. Therefore did not wait long.

1. They wanted more evidence of relationship, much like the I-129F. So had to return the next day to file 4 years of conversation. Plus rental lease that was in both our names. 

2. They were helpful in that they stated they did not feel it was enough evidence to get approval, even though we submitted what was required in the DCF filing document. We told them we would return the next day. We filed.

What is typically the processing time in Manila? Is it still 2 months?Thanks

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

44 minutes ago, coa24 said:

They wanted more evidence of relationship, much like the I-129F.

The I-129F does not require evidence of a relationship. An I-130 (i.e. for DCF) does.

The total processing time varies based on many factors, but generally 2-3 months if there are no issues is typical.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Thank you for the reply. Are you sure the I129F does not require evidence of relationship because when I filed for my late wife, I had to prove a bonafide relationship and that I visited within a two year period? The I-130 they were asking for evidence of a bonafide marriage, which we did prove, but because we were only married (my new wife) for 4 months, they were wanting evidence that we knew each other for more than 4 months. And even though I submitted docs showing co-mingling of finances. They wanted our rental agreement that was in both our names as the tenants.

Thank you also for the timeframe. 

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

3 hours ago, coa24 said:

Thank you for the reply. Are you sure the I129F does not require evidence of relationship because when I filed for my late wife, I had to prove a bonafide relationship and that I visited within a two year period? The I-130 they were asking for evidence of a bonafide marriage, which we did prove, but because we were only married (my new wife) for 4 months, they were wanting evidence that we knew each other for more than 4 months. And even though I submitted docs showing co-mingling of finances. They wanted our rental agreement that was in both our names as the tenants.

Thank you also for the timeframe. 

Yes, I am certain it is not required with the petition. It is usually wise to provide said evidence ("frontloading" the petition) as the CO at the embassy may review it beforehand.

Evidence of having met within the past 2 years is a requirement for the I-129F.

Sometimes these 2 items may overlap...being that time spent in person is part of a relationship.

Good to know what precisely they asked for with the I-130. Yes, they want to see evidence of a bona fide marriage (not just a legal marriage), which generally includes evidence leading up to the marriage.

Best wishes.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Awesome, thank you so much for the follow-up answer ;) really appreciate it. Makes sense hehe.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to give a quick update. We filed out petition on Dec. 12, 2018 and received a Notice of additional documents on December 20, 2018. They stated they wanted more evidence of a marital relationship even though we submitted quite a bit. The problem seemed to be with several documents. First, the affidavits were not properly competed with ID's and three signatures. Second the bank info we submitted needed to be a certified bank letter from the bank. We also submitted other financial documents, love letters, and pics of our wedding. We were finally able to send the updated documents on January 14, 2018 via courier, but we also sent an email to the USCIS at the embassy on January 15, 2019. We received the same day an acceptance of documents by email (not sure if the originals ever made it into the file). 

On February 5th, 2019, we received notice of approval (application was approved on February 4th, 2019. So application approval came just 3 weeks after submission of additional documents. 

So now I guess we just wait for the NVC letter to arrive. Or can we go ahead and schedule everything online and fill out the necessary forms before the interview?

Congrats on the approval! 

You need to wait for your Manila Case Number before moving onto the next steps in the process. 

Our petition was approved 1st week of Jan 2019 and we're still waiting for our case number. Many in the forum have suggested that if you haven't gotten your case number after 10 working days, send them an email to followup on it. 

Thank you @sure fo the advice and congratulations. We are excited, like you, and many others to get the process moving forward.

6 hours ago, sure said:

Many in the forum have suggested that if you haven't gotten your case number after 10 working days, send them an email to followup on it.  

Manila automatically sends an email once they have the case. But this is generally after a month or so from petition approval since it has to go through the USCIS mail room to NVC then to the embassy.

NVC usually takes weeks to respond to emails. They're the ones who assign the case number. You can call them to get the case number once assigned.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Manla mail does take forever. The notice for additional documents was receive via email Dec. 20. But the original copy was not sent until January 25. We received it around February 1.

Thanks fr the info @geowrian.

That was quicker than expected. Today Feb. 12, just 7 days after approval we received our case #. Next step to actually schedule interview, medical, and file the DS-260.

Follow-up question. After approval how long do they give you to get to the USA? Is it 6months or 1year?

6 months after medial is the visa expiration date.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Confused though, I thought there was a fee for the DS-260. Is there a fee and if so, how much?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.