lanalexis

Withdrawing Affidavit of Support During AOS

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I would like to withdraw support, the USCIS Customer Service person didn't know if its possible. The police told me

that I would be able to, and I've read here as well. Can someone tell me how to go about this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lanalexis said:

I would like to withdraw support, the USCIS Customer Service person didn't know if its possible. The police told me

that I would be able to, and I've read here as well. Can someone tell me how to go about this?

has there been an interview yet?, or an approval for the adjustment of status?

if neither of those have happened there is a chance but you will need to send a letter to the lockbox you mailed your petition to and attach the case # you were given to it.

if, there has already been an interview, and your spouse has his/her conditional green card, you are not going to be able to pull the affidavit of support.

we would need more information at where you are in the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

has there been an interview yet?, or an approval for the adjustment of status?

if neither of those have happened there is a chance but you will need to send a letter to the lockbox you mailed your petition to and attach the case # you were given to it.

if, there has already been an interview, and your spouse has his/her conditional green card, you are not going to be able to pull the affidavit of support.

we would need more information at where you are in the process.

There has not been an interview the website says the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview as of November 20th but nothing has been received in the mail. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, lanalexis said:

There has not been an interview the website says the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview as of November 20th but nothing has been received in the mail. 

that is good, you can send out the letter to USCIS lockbox that you sent the package to, reference the case # that was given, let them know you are pulling the Adjustment of status and the affidavit of support.

even if there is an interview scheduled, you do not need to go, there can not be an approval without you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is closed in favor of existing thread, where same question is asked/answered.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.