Cyberfx1024

Guatemalan father trying to attend the funeral of his murdered teenage daughter in North Carolina is REFUSED a visa [edited title]

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, bcking said:

Um...exactly what it says? Is there a word in the sentence you don't understand?

"In his visa application, Aguilar stated that he owned a business in Guatemala and had no intentions of staying in the United States after the funeral, Salem said. But embassy officials denied his request because he had a low bank balance, she said."

- From the article I linked.

Well saying he has no intention of staying in the US is a pretty obvious thing to say when you are applying for a non immigrant visa, you would have thought?

The only problem with the second bit is that the application does not ask for your bank balance and nobody has ever been refused for a low bank balance. Now a Lawyer would know that, you would hope a 'Journalist' would bother to find out. So when a Lawyer assuming the Lawyer was quoted correctly says that what conclusion should we come to?

Still intrigued as to why you thought have his own Business was relevant, I sort of assumed he was not retired and was no doubt doing something.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well saying he has no intention of staying in the US is a pretty obvious thing to say when you are applying for a non immigrant visa, you would have thought?

The only problem with the second bit is that the application does not ask for your bank balance and nobody has ever been refused for a low bank balance. Now a Lawyer would know that, you would hope a 'Journalist' would bother to find out. So when a Lawyer assuming the Lawyer was quoted correctly says that what conclusion should we come to?

Still intrigued as to why you thought have his own Business was relevant, I sort of assumed he was not retired and was no doubt doing something.

Well he left before, so the pattern of previous history seems to indicate he doesn't intend to stay. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

People are refused all the time for not having sufficient funds to cover their stay. It's just not an absolute criteria. The point in many of these articles are that discretionary denials are much more common ATM. No surprise there.

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

It's relevant because it contradicts the original article which writes

"The news is reporting the Humanitarian Visa Noah (sic) Aguilar applied for was denied for lack of supporting documents (basically discrimination ) because he does NOT shave (sic) sufficient ties to his home city, he does not have substantial bank deposits and doesn’t own business - and for that reason the Embassy considers him "at risk" of not returning since he literally has Nothing to return to,' Cespedes wrote."

Just hard to get good information on the story.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

"The news is reporting the Humanitarian Visa Noah (sic) Aguilar applied for was denied for lack of supporting documents (basically discrimination ) because he does NOT shave (sic) sufficient ties to his home city, he does not have substantial bank deposits and doesn’t own business - and for that reason the Embassy considers him "at risk" of not returning since he literally has Nothing to return to,' Cespedes wrote."

That is another reason for this story not to pass the smell test.

There are no supporting documents, you complete the application, if there were magic documents they would be asked for.

Every now and then we get spammers posting on here offering all sorts of 'legitimate' documents up to and including Passports for a very reasonable fee, it is well known among those familiar with the process that documents are hardly ever requested and if proffered are not normally looked at. They are often literally worth the paper they are printed on.

We have a post barely an hour ago about somebody who came here from Thailand on a B2 and has presumably now overstayed, she mentioned since coming here she sold her house and car and transferred the funds. 

Now I must admit I am assuming he is not the Guatemalan Bill Gates.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, bcking said:

I'm curious,

Why are you stating the mother is illegal? That isn't in the article you have provided.

Did you get that from somewhere else or are you assuming? If you're assuming, why is that?

Just noticed the original post mentions she is illegal.

2 hours ago, bcking said:

I'm curious,

Why are you stating the mother is illegal? That isn't in the article you have provided.

Did you get that from somewhere else or are you assuming? If you're assuming, why is that?

I am stating the mother is illegal because she can not speak ANY English at all, she also wrote a letter and gave it to the news also not in English. 

Robeson County is also a very big area for illegals in the state. 

Update to this case is that they found the killer of the girl. He was already in jail for another crime and I guess DNA linked it to him.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, bcking said:

Begs the question who Cespedes is, could not find anything other than being a Mother. Not as if she was at the Consulate for the interview.

31 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am stating the mother is illegal because she can not speak ANY English at all, she also wrote a letter and gave it to the news also not in English. 

Robeson County is also a very big area for illegals in the state. 

So you don't actually know she is an illegal?

You should have made that clear.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, bcking said:

Well do we know that she is a she?

22 minutes ago, bcking said:

So to clarify, CyberFX made the assumption that she is illegal because there are a lot of illegal aliens in that area, and when Boiler say's he read that she was illegal somewhere, the somewhere he is referring to is CyberFX's OP.

Back to square one. No confirmed accounts of her immigration status.

47 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

So to clarify, CyberFX made the assumption that she is illegal because there are a lot of illegal aliens in that area, and when Boiler say's he read that she was illegal somewhere, the somewhere he is referring to is CyberFX's OP.

Back to square one. No confirmed accounts of her immigration status.

Yes, I am clarifying that I made the assumption that the mother is illegal due to the many things that add up to me thinking that. I will write them out below:

1. The mother CANNOT speak or write simple English.

2. They live in a area which is one of the counties in NC where the majority of the county are minorities either that is Hispanic or Lumbee. 

3. When I first heard that the father was in Guatemala then it solidified my thinking. 

4. He could have been here previously and there is no record of it at all. We had a case here in NC not even 2 weeks ago of Mexican man being deported finally after leaving and trying to come back in on fake documents. 

5. It doesn't surprise me that the media doesn't report her legal status because she is the victim because her daughter was kidnapped and later killed