Filipe27cardoso

The whole processing case of Petition of Alien Relative

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all,

This post is only to explain my process, and maybe to shed some light on a few questions you guys may have. And if any additional doubts feel free to comment and I'll get back to you.

My name is Filipe Cardoso, I am American living in Rio dec Janeiro, Brazil. I first arrived in Brazil on a work trip, and after a while here I met my now wife who is also from Rio se Janeiro, after 2 years we married and I decided to stay. We now have been married 3 years and have a daughter. 

I have worked in TV Production 11 years in Record TV, Brazil's biggest TV Station. This company is not only in Brazil, but also USA, Angola, Portugal, London, and Japan. I got the opportunity to work in Los Angeles California and thus my reason for applying for the Petition for Alien Relative.

I honestly had no idea where to start or even how to start, but after carefully reading and following instructions on the USCIS website I filled out the 1-130 and sent it in along with the fees to the Chicago Lockbox. Which after some time it was routed to the Nebraska Service Center. I honestly thought that it would have been a fast process due to the fact that I am American, but being American doesn't give us the fast route, we all have to stand in line. But after 8 months the case was finally accepted and turned over the the NVC.

The NVC asked for several documents including my wife's Criminal Records, photos, birth etc... and to top it all off  it has to be all translated to English. So if in your country the documents they ask is not English you will have to pay a Sworn Translator to do so.

It took only 1 week after uploading all documents for the NVC to accept, and schedule an appointment at our US Consulate.

Mind you don't be sad if the instructions say it can take 1-2 years to complete a case, because they said the same thing to me, but in less than 1 full year our case is accepted and closed. All you need is patience to wait, and follow all instructions carefully. You do NOT need a lawyer for this process, because you will just spend money for something you yourself can do. I honestly had no idea what forms to fill out, but I followed their detailed site and I got through it. Save your money, as the fees will cost enough.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Filipe27cardoso said:

Hello all,

This post is only to explain my process, and maybe to shed some light on a few questions you guys may have. And if any additional doubts feel free to comment and I'll get back to you.

My name is Filipe Cardoso, I am American living in Rio dec Janeiro, Brazil. I first arrived in Brazil on a work trip, and after a while here I met my now wife who is also from Rio se Janeiro, after 2 years we married and I decided to stay. We now have been married 3 years and have a daughter. 

I have worked in TV Production 11 years in Record TV, Brazil's biggest TV Station. This company is not only in Brazil, but also USA, Angola, Portugal, London, and Japan. I got the opportunity to work in Los Angeles California and thus my reason for applying for the Petition for Alien Relative.

I honestly had no idea where to start or even how to start, but after carefully reading and following instructions on the USCIS website I filled out the 1-130 and sent it in along with the fees to the Chicago Lockbox. Which after some time it was routed to the Nebraska Service Center. I honestly thought that it would have been a fast process due to the fact that I am American, but being American doesn't give us the fast route, we all have to stand in line. But after 8 months the case was finally accepted and turned over the the NVC.

The NVC asked for several documents including my wife's Criminal Records, photos, birth etc... and to top it all off  it has to be all translated to English. So if in your country the documents they ask is not English you will have to pay a Sworn Translator to do so.

It took only 1 week after uploading all documents for the NVC to accept, and schedule an appointment at our US Consulate.

Mind you don't be sad if the instructions say it can take 1-2 years to complete a case, because they said the same thing to me, but in less than 1 full year our case is accepted and closed. All you need is patience to wait, and follow all instructions carefully. You do NOT need a lawyer for this process, because you will just spend money for something you yourself can do. I honestly had no idea what forms to fill out, but I followed their detailed site and I got through it. Save your money, as the fees will cost enough.

what visa are you here on?

are you in USA as a LRP? or here on a temp work visa?

sorry but we do need to know what it is you entered in on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

what visa are you here on?

are you in USA as a LRP? or here on a temp work visa?

sorry but we do need to know what it is you entered in on.

I am not on any Visa as I am an American Citizen, I applied for my wife's Green Card 1-130 Alien Relative which in the end granted was IR1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Filipe27cardoso said:

I am not on any Visa as I am an American Citizen, I applied for my wife's Green Card 1-130 Alien Relative which in the end granted was IR1

sorry I misread your original post

• 11 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.