2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I tried to make some research on this specific matter, but I found different scenarios than mine.

My husband and I are moving to California for one year only, or temporary at least.

I know I MUST change the address on file with USCIS, also because I have RoC in progress, but do I have to change it also with the Secretary of State? Can I leave my previous address (as we'll be back at it anyway, my mother-in-law lives here) for USPS and DMV, and changing it ONLY with USCIS?

Let's say the answer is yes.

On March I will be applying for Naturalization from California, and I know I need to be living there for 3 months before being able to apply. Will they ask for like a proof of residency in California? What proof may that be? Work? Because if we keep our driver license the same, without having the California one, how will I prove I have been living in California for 3 months?

Sorry for all the questions, and possibly confusion.

I appreciate your help.

Giulia

I am the beneficiary.

(L) K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015
I-129F Received: September 2, 2015
NOA1 E-Notification: September 4, 2015
NOA1 Hard Copy: September 12, 2015
NOA2: October 2,2015
NOA2 Hard Copy: October 9, 2015
NVC Case# Received: October 22, 2015
Embassy received case: October 30, 2015

Interview: November 18, 2015 - Result: APPROVED
Visa in hand: November 20, 2015

POE:December 9, 2015

Marriage: December 30, 2015

(L) AoS Journey

Spoiler

AoS Sent: January 18, 2016
AoS Received: January 19, 2016
NOA1 E-Notification(x3): January 25, 2016
NOA1 Hard Copy: January 29, 2016

Biometrics Letter Received: February 29, 2016

Biometrics Appointment: March 4, 2016

Requested to expedite my case due to Job Offer: March 7, 2016

EAD Card in Production/AP approved: March 17,2016

- Feel free to contact me if you want further information about how I expedited my case

Received email with set GC interview: April 21, 2016

GC interview: May 25, 2016 - Result: Granted!

(L) ROC Journey

ROC Sent: February 26, 2018
ROC Received: March 3rd, 2018

NOA1 Dated: March 12th, 2018

NOA1 Received: March 17th, 2018

Biometrics Waived Letter Received: May 18th, 2018

event.png

California requires new residents to get a California driver license within 10 days for residency.  You would also need to register your car and get car insurance for California.  

Your change of address regarding green card/naturalization is only to USCIS, not Secretary of State.

Removal of Conditions

12/29/2018  Sent ROC package to Dallas PO Box by USPS Priority Mail. 

12/30/2018  ROC package arrived & ready for pickup at Dallas PO Box at 7pm.

01/03/2019  Credit card transaction alert received at 7:10am authorizing charge of $680 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

01/03/2019  Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with MSC.

01/07/2019  Added receipt number to myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it shows case received and nothing to do at this time.

01/11/2019  Received US Postal Service Informed Delivery email at 8:20am showing incoming letter from USCIS.

01/11/2019  Received biometric appointment in the mail.  Biometric appointment is for 01/22/2019

01/14/2019  Completed walk-in biometric at Tampa Field Office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.