Ariethesiren

Recieving passport back

23 posts in this topic

My husband had his medical done on 11/27 and his interview was on 11/28. He called knightsbridge today and they said he has to wait 7 business days before they can tell him if his medical had been sent to the embassy. We bought a flex/refundable flight for him that's leaving the 17th so he can be here before Christmas,  Do you guys think he'll have his passport back before then? Thank you 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé did same thing. Medical on nov 15th interview the 16th. She just received vih today. Going by these dates I'd say its cutting it really close. But it's very possible. Once it moves to issued. Should have vih with in 5 days. We had to wait 4 days from issued to vih. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Certainly possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

My fiancé did same thing. Medical on nov 15th interview the 16th. She just received vih today. Going by these dates I'd say its cutting it really close. But it's very possible. Once it moves to issued. Should have vih with in 5 days. We had to wait 4 days from issued to vih. 

We had our interview the same day wonder if we were in the building at the same time haha. We have not moved out of AP kinda trying not to lose our minds right now seeing everyone before and after us get their visas back.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, moreadore said:

We had our interview the same day wonder if we were in the building at the same time haha. We have not moved out of AP kinda trying not to lose our minds right now seeing everyone before and after us get their visas back.

Her appointment was 9:30 I believe. Yes the ap sucks but, check ceac site often cus our changed 3 or 4 times in 2 days then finally it changed to in transit. Make sure u read it also. Our had saiid the same blah blah blah. Then I noticed it said something along the lines. U should receive notification with in 1 to 2 days. Then it changed back to the blah. Second day it changed. 

event.png

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

51 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Her appointment was 9:30 I believe. Yes the ap sucks but, check ceac site often cus our changed 3 or 4 times in 2 days then finally it changed to in transit. Make sure u read it also. Our had saiid the same blah blah blah. Then I noticed it said something along the lines. U should receive notification with in 1 to 2 days. Then it changed back to the blah. Second day it changed. 

Our appointment was at 10. It says case created Nov 19 and last updated Nov 19. Was your creation date different from your interview date? The process is almost over but man this part seems like it's the longest. He still has to give 30 days notice to his work too. Just hoping it changes by Friday.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, moreadore said:

Our appointment was at 10. It says case created Nov 19 and last updated Nov 19. Was your creation date different from your interview date? The process is almost over but man this part seems like it's the longest. He still has to give 30 days notice to his work too. Just hoping it changes by Friday.

It was updated and put into ap with a hour of interview on then16th

event.png

Timeline

I had my medical August 22nd and interview August 23rd and received my passport September 11th. The embassy received my medical results on August 30th and then it took 8 working days to get to me. This was using the courier home delivery service. Beware, they have loads of bad reviews about not delivering. Mine was scheduled to deliver by 6pm and I received it at 8.30pm. I Facebook and twittered the courier service company to chase up my delivery (they don’t have any other effective way to reach them) before their closing hours so they were about to speak to my delivery driver and confirm he would still deliver that day. 

3 hours ago, Soph97 said:

I had my medical August 22nd and interview August 23rd and received my passport September 11th. The embassy received my medical results on August 30th and then it took 8 working days to get to me. This was using the courier home delivery service. Beware, they have loads of bad reviews about not delivering. Mine was scheduled to deliver by 6pm and I received it at 8.30pm. I Facebook and twittered the courier service company to chase up my delivery (they don’t have any other effective way to reach them) before their closing hours so they were about to speak to my delivery driver and confirm he would still deliver that day. 

I thought they used royal mail as their courier, what's the name of the company that they use?

I had my medical on 11/26 and I got an email response yesterday from visa medical that the results would be forwarded to embassy 12/4. So I'm betting that your results will most likely be forwarded to the embassy this week. 

Edited by HarryWL

9 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

I had my medical on 11/26 and I got an email response yesterday from visa medical that the results would be forwarded to embassy 12/4. So I'm betting that your results will most likely be forwarded to the embassy this week. 

Did you email them first asking? I've had people tell us to call and they'd tell us if his results we're sent or not, The woman on the phone didn't even ask for his case number and just told us to wait seven business days 😥

4 minutes ago, Ariethesiren said:

Did you email them first asking? I've had people tell us to call and they'd tell us if his results we're sent or not, The woman on the phone didn't even ask for his case number and just told us to wait seven business days 😥

At my medical the lady told me it's better to email rather than calling, because it's easier to handle questions/requests that way. I emailed around 1pm and had a response within an hour. Yesterday would have marked the 7th business day for me and they said they were preparing the package and sending it off to the embassy that day.

I still have to go back to the embassy tomorrow though because my case was expedited and they forgot to take the payment. (They can't take it over the phone/online). ☹️

33 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

At my medical the lady told me it's better to email rather than calling, because it's easier to handle questions/requests that way. I emailed around 1pm and had a response within an hour. Yesterday would have marked the 7th business day for me and they said they were preparing the package and sending it off to the embassy that day.

I still have to go back to the embassy tomorrow though because my case was expedited and they forgot to take the payment. (They can't take it over the phone/online). ☹️

That's awful, my husband lives all the way up near Aberdeen Scotland, couldn't imagine if he had to do that. :c hopefully it doesn't take long for them to issue the visa, worst comes to worst we can change the date of the flight but i really want him here before Christmas 😂

Edited by Ariethesiren

Timeline
On 12/4/2018 at 1:35 PM, Ariethesiren said:

I thought they used royal mail as their courier, what's the name of the company that they use?

Presuming you're referring to the Embassy (and not Knightsbridge) the delivery company they use is called DX. I had read enough nightmare stories to choose to collect mine at the depot, but I know that not everyone has a depot close enough to be able to do this (my 'local' was a 30 minute drive away). Fingers crossed for you! 

Edited by CaptainAmerica

1 hour ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Presuming you're referring to the Embassy (and not Knightsbridge) the delivery company they use is called DX. I had read enough nightmare stories to choose to collect mine at the depot, but I know that not everyone has a depot close enough to be able to do this (my 'local' was a 30 minute drive away). Fingers crossed for you! 

Thank you!!! The closest depot for my husband was 4 hours away in Edinburgh 😷 so he chose to do home delivery 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.