2,915 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Tony1912 said:

Yesterday I received an invitation for an interview, that looks very weird. It's not on an official Notice of Action form. Just a letter with the list of documents that I should bring with me. Also, the status online is still "Case was received at your local office"

@Tony1912 Please make sure you go with an attorney, these days some people with denied petitions are being tricked into attending interviews and are arrested by ICE, so please be sure to attend with an attorney or have your attorney write to them letting them know that you have a pending I485 with VAWA. Best to be safe. All the best to you.

1 minute ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I have never received bi or metri c for I-360, I have only received bi or metri c for I-485 and I-765.
I have Prima Facie.
Is this normal?

I received biometrics for both of them as my initial I765 was filed under C31, then when they noticed the error, they immediately filed a new I765 under C09, and I went for yet another biometric appointment 🙂

39 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

On your I360, you may have checked a box that asked if you wanted to apply for, or receive an EAD based on the I360, which was why you were sent biometric notices for both applications

@Gogetter18 If I understand, if you checked the box that you want an ead after  approval of 360, will they sent you to biometric again or will just issue working permit after approval. Im a little confused🤗

15 minutes ago, Yollande said:

@Gogetter18 If I understand, if you checked the box that you want an ead after  approval of 360, will they sent you to biometric again or will just issue working permit after approval. Im a little confused🤗

@Yollande Once you have done the biometrics, they'll send you the EAD with/after your VAWA approval 🙂

I appreciate your help with the following concern:

• I file the I-360 in May, in that Form select the box to receive an EAD based on the I-360 once it is approved;
  • In July I received an RFE of good moral conduct;
  • In September, I responded to the RFE and together with the answer I sent Forms I-485 and I-765 (C09);
  • In October I received the Prima Facie.
  • In October I received biometric notices only for the I-485 and I-765 (C09) applications but I have never received biometric notices for the I-360 form.

Is this situation normal or should I have received biometric notices for I-360 as well?
What should I do?
Thank you all for your comments….

46 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Yollande Once you have done the biometrics, they'll send you the EAD with/after your VAWA approval 🙂

@Gogetter18 do you receive biometric once the case Is approve or What? I've filled just for 360. No concurrent filing and check the box for ead. I'm asking myself if they going to send me for biometric once the case is approve or send an ead because I checked the box and use my fingerprint already in the system from my old EAD i received under C09 who is now expired. Pls clarify.

11 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

If anyone knows, please help. I submitted i-360 and i-485 concurrently. VAWA was approved. Now I got a letter for i-485 interview. They are requesting to bring an evidence of the completed I-864W. I have never submitted this form with my package. What should I do?

@Tony1912 I apologize for my previous response to your previous post, I thought the interview you were referring to was based on a previously denied I485, I didn't know that your I360 was approved. Congratulations!!

As for this question, I'm sure Sandranj will be able to help provide an answer or point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to you 🙂

43 minutes ago, Yollande said:

@Gogetter18 do you receive biometric once the case Is approve or What? I've filled just for 360. No concurrent filing and check the box for ead. I'm asking myself if they going to send me for biometric once the case is approve or send an ead because I checked the box and use my fingerprint already in the system from my old EAD i received under C09 who is now expired. Pls clarify.

@Yollande since they already have your prints in their system, they may just send your EAD to you. I'm not sure about this, but I believe that if they needed new prints from you when you applied they would have sent you for another biometrics appointment at that time. Again, I'm not entirely sure, it is all up to the adjudicating officer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.