Halp

last couple questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

so i am trying to mail this puppy in under 2 days, and i just want to be clear on the last couple issues for my form I-129F

~on item 16 on employment, my current employment. what do i put for the end date? i know that it will end at the end of this year , i already have a date and everything to leave here and i am 95% sure i have a new gig lined up, but i do not know if it will look bad that i put a date that has not come yet as my end employment date.... if they will think it was an error, bad attempt at fraud, whatever. also there is no option that i have found to put "current" on it or something to that effect. so what should i put as the end date for my employment with this company?

~in section 2 item 13, it asks for the foreign fiancees address history, or how long they have lived in a certain place. it asks for a start and end date for that address. the end date is current, as they are still there, but they have no clue when it was that they moved there exactly. they knows they were young, but does not have an exact date. should i go with as close as possible as they think, or just try to write in something like "Unknown"? (i would have to write it in after printing it out, it will only let me type in numbers on the computer)

~for their employment history, they had 1 job recently (within the past 5 years, which is what they ask for) where they stayed a grand total of maybe a month before quitting and going on to greener pastures. the boss was an incredible.... you know the type. he fought over the dumbest things, constantly belittles his workers, pays poorly, pinches pennies, acts like a know it all... etc. since my fiancee quit in like a month or less of working there, and it was not an "official job", do i count it and put it on the form? (fiancee is a brazillian national. in brazil they have government recognized jobs that are "official" and have a minimum wage of roughly 950 brazillian Reais per month. their job was not an officially recognized one, payed below minimum wage, and has no record of them ever really working there.  beyond that, i do not think the business that my fiancee worked for was an officially registered one, though i do not know for sure. in brazil it is common to open a small business out of your house or some small property that you own. due to these circumstances i do not know if i count it, plus fiancee i believe only ever received 1 small pay check, never got the rest of their pay. basically cheated out of it and due to corruption and poor legal systems, not really much that my fiancee could do to go after the rest of their money)

~Do i have to fill out EVERYTHING with N/A?  for example, items 16-23 of section 2 are all asking about the work history of the foreign fiancee. supposing if the fiancee never had a job or something, would i need to fill out EVERY item that i could between 16 and 23 with N/A, or could i just put N/A at the beginning of each part that belongs to the same group and leave the rest blank? or for example items 6 and 7 are for the preparer and interpreter, if i interpret and prepare everything, can i just put N/a at the begining fo the section, or do i need to put N/A on every item i can in those sections?

~item 45 of section 2 is asking for the address where the foreign fiancee intends to live. i do not have a place yet where we will both live, i have my own address currently, but due to circumstances, no one could come live here besides me. if i were to use my parents address would that work? or do i need to be already living in a home where the 2 of us could live together afterwards? when she first arrives she would likely stay either with my parents or a family friend before the wedding, so would i put those as that is technically where she will reside upon first arriving in the US? and for their telephone number when they first get here, would i put their current one (Which would not work in the US, they will get a new phone upon arrival with new number), or could i put the one of my parents/family friend?

~on item 51 of section 2 i am 95% sure i know the answer, but just to be safe. they ask if the beneficiary is related to me. the answers are yes, no, or N/A, beneficiary is spouse. now they are not my spouse yet, since we are not married, but the wording makes me wonder. should i put N/A since they will be my spouse, or simply leave it as "NO"? first thought that comes to mind is leave it as "NO", but the fact that the fiancee visa form is asking me if i am related to them makes me wonder.

~section 3, part 5, it is asking about what type of waiver i need. i thought it was the answer "D" for me, saying i am not a multiple filer, but after looking at the specific instructions, i am not so sure. they word things so odd and i find myself doubting what i normally would think to be a straight forward question. i assume that thequestion is if i have filed for a form I-129F before, and if so what kind of excuse do i use to show why i am doing it again? did i understand that right? this is my first form I-129F so i am 95% sure the answer is D, i have never done it before, but i want to be 100% sure before i mail this thing in.

~part 6, the interpreter. i am the interpreter for any documents necessary, though i believe my fiancee was able to type most things in english (such as letter of intent). should i go ahead and put myself down, or is it only if it was a 3rd party interpreter?

sorry for the large post, i am just super paranoid and know how bureaucracy works most of the time unfortunately, and i am trying to get as close as i can to perfection on this thing. thank you so much to any and all who have the patience to read and answer this book of a post.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, Halp said:

~on item 16 on employment, my current employment. what do i put for the end date? i know that it will end at the end of this year , i already have a date and everything to leave here and i am 95% sure i have a new gig lined up, but i do not know if it will look bad that i put a date that has not come yet as my end employment date.... if they will think it was an error, bad attempt at fraud, whatever. also there is no option that i have found to put "current" on it or something to that effect. so what should i put as the end date for my employment with this company?

Just go with Current. It's easier to make an update and explanation letter later when it's due... from what I was told.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~in section 2 item 13, it asks for the foreign fiancees address history, or how long they have lived in a certain place. it asks for a start and end date for that address. the end date is current, as they are still there, but they have no clue when it was that they moved there exactly. they knows they were young, but does not have an exact date. should i go with as close as possible as they think, or just try to write in something like "Unknown"? (i would have to write it in after printing it out, it will only let me type in numbers on the computer)

While I'm not sure what is supposed to be put here I do guess a close date and using another sheet of paper to explain the situation should help it.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~for their employment history, they had 1 job recently (within the past 5 years, which is what they ask for) where they stayed a grand total of maybe a month before quitting and going on to greener pastures. the boss was an incredible.... you know the type. he fought over the dumbest things, constantly belittles his workers, pays poorly, pinches pennies, acts like a know it all... etc. since my fiancee quit in like a month or less of working there, and it was not an "official job", do i count it and put it on the form? (fiancee is a brazillian national. in brazil they have government recognized jobs that are "official" and have a minimum wage of roughly 950 brazillian Reais per month. their job was not an officially recognized one, payed below minimum wage, and has no record of them ever really working there.  beyond that, i do not think the business that my fiancee worked for was an officially registered one, though i do not know for sure. in brazil it is common to open a small business out of your house or some small property that you own. due to these circumstances i do not know if i count it, plus fiancee i believe only ever received 1 small pay check, never got the rest of their pay. basically cheated out of it and due to corruption and poor legal systems, not really much that my fiancee could do to go after the rest of their money)

I'd go with not putting down with the non-official job. It makes it easier to fill out the form. As if no record is considered in Brazil for the work history (like if you do not get the W2 in the US) I'd also say probably don't need to put that down either.
I may be wrong on this information though.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~Do i have to fill out EVERYTHING with N/A?  for example, items 16-23 of section 2 are all asking about the work history of the foreign fiancee. supposing if the fiancee never had a job or something, would i need to fill out EVERY item that i could between 16 and 23 with N/A, or could i just put N/A at the beginning of each part that belongs to the same group and leave the rest blank? or for example items 6 and 7 are for the preparer and interpreter, if i interpret and prepare everything, can i just put N/a at the begining fo the section, or do i need to put N/A on every item i can in those sections?

I did put N/A on everything and NONE on a couple of things. Including the preparer and interpreter.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~item 45 of section 2 is asking for the address where the foreign fiancee intends to live. i do not have a place yet where we will both live, i have my own address currently, but due to circumstances, no one could come live here besides me. if i were to use my parents address would that work? or do i need to be already living in a home where the 2 of us could live together afterwards? when she first arrives she would likely stay either with my parents or a family friend before the wedding, so would i put those as that is technically where she will reside upon first arriving in the US? and for their telephone number when they first get here, would i put their current one (Which would not work in the US, they will get a new phone upon arrival with new number), or could i put the one of my parents/family friend?

I may not able to answer this right but I can share my thought. If your S.O. is going to stay at your parent's then add the parent's address. To be honest, it sounds kind of weird that your S.O. can't stay with you. After you two move and get a place and settle down, update the address afterward?
I'm sure they would get the idea that their number won't work sometimes so they will have to get a hold of you. I don't know if anyone updates the phone number after arriving in the US?

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~on item 51 of section 2 i am 95% sure i know the answer, but just to be safe. they ask if the beneficiary is related to me. the answers are yes, no, or N/A, beneficiary is spouse. now they are not my spouse yet, since we are not married, but the wording makes me wonder. should i put N/A since they will be my spouse, or simply leave it as "NO"? first thought that comes to mind is leave it as "NO", but the fact that the fiancee visa form is asking me if i am related to them makes me wonder.

Your S.O. is not related to you so you will put NO, right? This is asking for the current condition as you two are not married now. I know it's a weird question but some places allow 1st cousin/2nd cousin to be married too and I'm not sure if this is even considered.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~section 3, part 5, it is asking about what type of waiver i need. i thought it was the answer "D" for me, saying i am not a multiple filer, but after looking at the specific instructions, i am not so sure. they word things so odd and i find myself doubting what i normally would think to be a straight forward question. i assume that thequestion is if i have filed for a form I-129F before, and if so what kind of excuse do i use to show why i am doing it again? did i understand that right? this is my first form I-129F so i am 95% sure the answer is D, i have never done it before, but i want to be 100% sure before i mail this thing in.

Yes, D.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

~part 6, the interpreter. i am the interpreter for any documents necessary, though i believe my fiancee was able to type most things in english (such as letter of intent). should i go ahead and put myself down, or is it only if it was a 3rd party interpreter?

From the look of this, only 3rd party interpreter will have to put that information down. Just N/A it out.

Hopefully this helps!

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Halp said:

so i am trying to mail this puppy in under 2 days, and i just want to be clear on the last couple issues for my form I-129F

current/ present. dont think in future terms.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

best guess is fine

1 hour ago, Halp said:

answer the question truthfully. if they workerd there, even for a short time, include it. in the grand scheme of things this will not matter anyways.

1 hour ago, Halp said:

N/a at the begnning of any section thats not applicable

1 hour ago, Halp said:

they are asking for the current information. use that. dont overthink it.

NO, they are not related to you. again, answer the question and do not overthink it.

you would know if you needed a waiver. again with the overthinking.

NO. oh my goodness. YOU are filling it out, not someone else because you dont speak English. Your fiance is not filling it out and even if they were if they were doing with WITHOUT an interpreter, it wouldnt apply.

sorry for the large post, i am just super paranoid and know how bureaucracy works most of the time unfortunately, and i am trying to get as close as i can to perfection on this thing. thank you so much to any and all who have the patience to read and answer this book of a post.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

I may not able to answer this right but I can share my thought. If your S.O. is going to stay at your parent's then add the parent's address. To be honest, it sounds kind of weird that your S.O. can't stay with you. After you two move and get a place and settle down, update the address afterward?
I'm sure they would get the idea that their number won't work sometimes so they will have to get a hold of you. I don't know if anyone updates the phone number after arriving in the US?

so my issue is that i am currently renting a place with a couple friends (we are all same gender, no relationships or anything besides friends). better than living alone, save on rent money, and its just fun. however, Fiancee would not be able to stay here with me, especially because i am in the midwest currently, and the wedding will be on the east coast. so for the first couple weeks after the visa is approved i would be on the east coast with friends and family, but for an actual address where we both will live together, i do not have one. so i was just confused as to if i should put the temporary address where they would stay before the wedding or if i needed a more permanent one

if i could get a few more ideas for the work history of my fiancee though, cause i am still not 100% sure what to do. one person suggested to put it and 1 said probably not. contracts are rare in Brazil and most people work on word of mouth. it is not because they trust each other, it is just that it is easier for everyone to avoid a bad legal system if nothing is written down to be proven. so if it came down to "prove that you worked there", not really anything we could do. maybe try to get a signed statement saying that they did, but again, boss was not the best guy, so i would not rely on that to heavily.

thanks for all the help though, sounds great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.