Jump to content
JonSho

Status Updates (NIV/IV)

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

When checking the status of k1 visa AFTER the interview...I noticed there’s 2 places you can check for updates. Both are through CEAC

 

One is checking by clicking

”check my visa application” under NONIMMIGRANT where you enter the

AA——————— application number. 

For me, it states NO STATUS

 

The other way is by clicking

”check my visa application” but under the IMMIGRANT section. You enter the actual case number here.

for me, it states:

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

Immigrant Visa Application

 

Does the nonimmigrant section become sort of irrelevant for status updates after the interview? 

Would either of them change faster than the other if the Visa ends up getting approved? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JonSho said:

When checking the status of k1 visa AFTER the interview...I noticed there’s 2 places you can check for updates. Both are through CEAC

 

One is checking by clicking

”check my visa application” under NONIMMIGRANT where you enter the

AA——————— application number. 

For me, it states NO STATUS

 

The other way is by clicking

”check my visa application” but under the IMMIGRANT section. You enter the actual case number here.

for me, it states:

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

Immigrant Visa Application

 

Does the nonimmigrant section become sort of irrelevant for status updates after the interview? 

Would either of them change faster than the other if the Visa ends up getting approved? 

 

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

 

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued".

 

So you can check both but one is going to hand off to the other.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

 

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued".

 

So you can check both but one is going to hand off to the other.

all you say is logic but as i told u i had my inerview 8th november and was given 221g white paper for further administrative process , in nov 14th my status changed from ready immigrant to AP non immigrant and i had new case creation date and my AA ID number of ds160 works now , before it shows no status , but since that i didn't hear nothing now for 2 weeks , no updates at all :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alicia7375 said:

all you say is logic but as i told u i had my inerview 8th november and was given 221g white paper for further administrative process , in nov 14th my status changed from ready immigrant to AP non immigrant and i had new case creation date and my AA ID number of ds160 works now , before it shows no status , but since that i didn't hear nothing now for 2 weeks , no updates at all :(

AP is a common step in the issuance of your visa once you have had your interview. It stays that way till the interviewing CO adjudicates your entire case/interview. So it is not uncommon for you to be in AP for a few days or for a few weeks. No one can say with any certainty how long yours will last. Just need some patience.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies! Is there any significance to the “last update” date when it changes , without actually seeing any updates on the case besides the “last update” date itself? 

Im worried that the case “updated” but maybe there’s something negative going on because I’m not seeing any actual changes of status 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×