PA2DR

Dominican Republic waiting on NVC #

42 posts in this topic

I thought I was totally prepared mentally, but today I am feeling completely overwhelmed. 

Is there a fee for the VAC appointment? 

What does he have to take with him? Passport, DS-160 confirmation and what else?  Appointment confirmation? 

What about medical? Passport? confirmation letter? DS-160 confirmation? 

I'm making a checklist so that I don't have to bother anyone else lol. Thanks ladies!!! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

6 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

I thought I was totally prepared mentally, but today I am feeling completely overwhelmed. 

Is there a fee for the VAC appointment? 

What does he have to take with him? Passport, DS-160 confirmation and what else?  Appointment confirmation? 

What about medical? Passport? confirmation letter? DS-160 confirmation? 

I'm making a checklist so that I don't have to bother anyone else lol. Thanks ladies!!! 

1st...BREATHE. it's not as bad as it seems.

When you pay the $265 that covers the VAC and the interview. The medical is $275 paid on day of examination. I recommend paying in dollars as the value changes daily.

To VAC he takes: 

1)Passport 

2)Cedula

3)Ds 160 confirmation page

4)Appt letter: the letter will have both VAC and interview appt listed

To medical he takes:

1)passport

2) cedula

3) Ds 160 confirmation page

4) appt letter

5) confirmation email from NVC...if not, print out from CEAC that says at NVC or in transit

6) your address and phone #

7) vaccines record card [if he has it]

😎 $275 and extra cash for vaccines if he's gonna have it there

14 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

1st...BREATHE. it's not as bad as it seems.

When you pay the $265 that covers the VAC and the interview. The medical is $275 paid on day of examination. I recommend paying in dollars as the value changes daily.

To VAC he takes: 

1)Passport 

2)Cedula

3)Ds 160 confirmation page

4)Appt letter: the letter will have both VAC and interview appt listed

To medical he takes:

1)passport

2) cedula

3) Ds 160 confirmation page

4) appt letter

5) confirmation email from NVC...if not, print out from CEAC that says at NVC or in transit

6) your address and phone #

7) vaccines record card [if he has it]

😎 $275 and extra cash for vaccines if he's gonna have it there

Thank you much. You have been such a huge help to me. I really appreciate it!! Would you mind if I message you directly with any further questions? :)

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Also @Catherine6 - there is old information that says he is required to bring two passport style photos to the medical exam. Is that no longer the case? 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

And, lol.. @Catherine6 .. the $11 fee that I mentioned yesterday is for the courier fee so that's not applicable either.  Whew! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

12 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

Also @Catherine6 - there is old information that says he is required to bring two passport style photos to the medical exam. Is that no longer the case? 

No need for additional pics. 

However, tell him to bring to USA a minimum of 6 pics for AOS paperwork. It's cheaper there 😜

You can PM me.

2 hours ago, Catherine6 said:

No need for additional pics. 

However, tell him to bring to USA a minimum of 6 pics for AOS paperwork. It's cheaper there 😜

You can PM me.

Thank you ❤️ 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Hey everyone, thanks for your participation on this thread. The information is great. I just have few questions. I just got my NVC case number and invoice number today. I completed the DS-160 and have the confirmation. I plan to pay the visa fee and then schedule the interview for May 15th. This will give the embassy in santo domingo time to get the file. Here are my questions.

- what is the fee for the medical exam. the website says about $275 and less for a child under two. My Dominican fiance called one of the two recommended medical examination firms and they quoted a price of $465 and $485 for the kid under two! Is this correct? any help would be appreciated. 

- Which Medical exam company do you recommend

- How long does it take to get a medical exam scheduled

- How long does is the police report good for

- How long is the medical exam good for

- how many passport photos each are needed for the medical and biometric exams

Thanks for so much for your help. This site is the best!!

26 minutes ago, Rob37 said:

Hey everyone, thanks for your participation on this thread. The information is great. I just have few questions. I just got my NVC case number and invoice number today. I completed the DS-160 and have the confirmation. I plan to pay the visa fee and then schedule the interview for May 15th. This will give the embassy in santo domingo time to get the file. Here are my questions.

- what is the fee for the medical exam. the website says about $275 and less for a child under two. My Dominican fiance called one of the two recommended medical examination firms and they quoted a price of $465 and $485 for the kid under two! Is this correct? any help would be appreciated. 

- Which Medical exam company do you recommend

WE USED SERVICIOS MEDICOS CONSULARES (serviciosmedicosconsulares.com)ON CALLE BOHECHIO IN BELLA VISTA NEAR BLUE MALL. THE FEE FOR AGES 15+ IS $275...I RECOMMEND PAYING IN DOLLARS. FEE FOR AGES 2-14 IS $205 AND AGES 0-2 IS $85...THESE FEES DOES NOT INCLUDE VACCINES, IF NEEDED.

- How long does it take to get a medical exam scheduled

THERE ARE NO APPT NEEDED FOR MEDICAL. IT'S FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE STARTING AT 7AM MON-FRI, EXCEPT HOLIDAYS.

- How long does is the police report good for

ONE CALENDAR YEAR

- How long is the medical exam good for

ONE CALENDAR YEAR. HOWEVER, IF AT THE TIME OF AOS INTERVIEW IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR, A NEW ONE WILL BE NEEDED.

- how many passport photos each are needed for the medical and biometric exams

NONE...THE VAC APPT WILL TAKE CARE OF PHOTOS. I DO RECOMMEND FOR YOUR PARTNER TO BRING A MINIMUM OF 6 PHOTOS UPON ARRIVAL TO USA FOR THE AOS PAPERWORK...BECAUSE PHOTOS IN DR ARE CHEAPER

Thanks for so much for your help. This site is the best!!

Hello Rob, read my answers in CAPS...not yelling at you. Just to differentiate from your wite up. Also, a few posts back, I answered these Qs for someone else.

Good luck.

Edited by Catherine6

Thanks for your response. I am new on the site and thought i had read everything in this thread. Please let me know the best way to connect with the Dominican Republic Forum and not ask questions that have already been answered. Cheers.

Rob.

No problem in answering.

The DR portal:

Click on portal and look for DR flag or choose from drop down menu.

There's also the regional forums: caribbean...which I believe it's where this thread originated. I'm on cell...so my view it's limited. 

Edited by Catherine6
Spelling

17 hours ago, Catherine6 said:

No problem in answering.

The DR portal:

Click on portal and look for DR flag or choose from drop down menu.

There's also the regional forums: caribbean...which I believe it's where this thread originated. I'm on cell...so my view it's limited. 

Thanks a million!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.