PA2DR

Dominican Republic waiting on NVC #

42 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, PA2DR said:

Thats what im not understanding..VAC isnt medical its for finger printing.. I never got the option to schedule my medical when I went to schedule my VAC appt and Interview, So i made my VAC appt for the 28th and interview for the 29th. Im assuming since I was able to schedule it this way that is isnt a problem. Any insight? 

I would suggest to change the VAC appt for an earlier date.

3 hours ago, Catherine6 said:

I would suggest to change the VAC appt for an earlier date.

I called the VAC and they said it was fine as long as it’s not the same day as the interview  and the medical is 10 days before the interview. He’s going to go two weeks before. Thanks!’ 

event.png

• 3 months later...

If I may continue on in this topic, as all of you are WAAAAAY ahead of us lol.. 

I have my NOA2. Waiting for my case to ship out to NVC. Gave my email to NVC. Will also call and check with them. While waiting for our case number to be assigned by NVC, I have already pretty much filled out the DS-160. Just basically waiting to submit and pay the fee. We really just have to gather his documents which we can do closer to the date of the interview so that everything is current. 

My understanding is that once we have a case number, and the packet is received by the embassy we can go online to schedule appt at VAC and Embassy for interview. There is no appointment necessary for medical, correct? He can do both VAC and medical on the same day, correct? I will make sure to schedule VAC and interview at least 2-3 weeks apart. 

Also, I'm kind of confused about the Mailboxes Etc thing. He lives three hours from Santo Domingo so we want to setup an MBE for him so that the embassy can mail his visa when it is complete. Does anyone have any experience with that? 

Edited by msrodriguez

Packet Sent 10/18

Delivered to Lockbox 10/21

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

54 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

If I may continue on in this topic, as all of you are WAAAAAY ahead of us lol.. 

I have my NOA2. Waiting for my case to ship out to NVC. Gave my email to NVC. Will also call and check with them. While waiting for our case number to be assigned by NVC, I have already pretty much filled out the DS-160. Just basically waiting to submit and pay the fee. We really just have to gather his documents which we can do closer to the date of the interview so that everything is current. 

My understanding is that once we have a case number, and the packet is received by the embassy we can go online to schedule appt at VAC and Embassy for interview. There is no appointment necessary for medical, correct? He can do both VAC and medical on the same day, correct? I will make sure to schedule VAC and interview at least 2-3 weeks apart. 

Also, I'm kind of confused about the Mailboxes Etc thing. He lives three hours from Santo Domingo so we want to setup an MBE for him so that the embassy can mail his visa when it is complete. Does anyone have any experience with that? 

Yes, you can do medical and VAC on same day. However, medical is first come first serve. Depending on day and amount people, it may take 2 or 6 hours if he arrives at center by 7AM. I don't recall what time is the last appt at VAC, but they start at 7AM. There's a place nearby VAC that stores cellphone for a fee...RD$300 maybe.

You dont have to wait for shipping to embassy to schedule neither VAC or interview. Just make sure you schedule VAC and interview for future with plenty of time in between to allow NVC to do its thing.

For example: we got NOA2 on 2/7, submitted DS160 and paid fee 2/22 [I paid online with my DC] and started viewing calendar for available appts. While there was plenty of VAC appts even for 2/25, March calendar for interview was filled. I called the 202 # on 2/25 and got well schooled by a rep on how the calendars worked. On 2/27, I woke up and checked calendars...april had opened up for interviews with only two days available...you bet your butt i booked the 2nd available date for our interview. VAC was 3/4. Our file got to NVC 3/8, case # assigned 3/11, shipped 3/19, embassy received electronic file on 3/20 and physical file on 3/22, medical completed 3/25, results 4/1.

Interview... Here we come 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

In re to mailboxes, I dont know anything about it. I've chosen the VAC for passport pick up. Call or email mailboxes for more info. 

Edited by Catherine6

Ahh thank you so much @Catherine6!! Great information!! Also, congratulations!! I definitely hope your interview goes well!! Are you attending? 

Do we have to pay anything day of? Is the $11 fee still applicable? 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

13 minutes ago, msrodriguez said:

Ahh thank you so much @Catherine6!! Great information!! Also, congratulations!! I definitely hope your interview goes well!! Are you attending? 

Do we have to pay anything day of? Is the $11 fee still applicable? 

You're very welcome. 

Thanks 🙏🏾...yes, I'm going. 

Never heard of that fee or anyone mention it. What is that?

2 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

You're very welcome. 

Thanks 🙏🏾...yes, I'm going. 

Never heard of that fee or anyone mention it. What is that?

A processing fee? lol. There is so much conflicting information. It makes my brain hurt. 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Just now, msrodriguez said:

A processing fee? lol. There is so much conflicting information. It makes my brain hurt. 

Processing what exactly?

I'll have $11 handy just in case then 🙄

5 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

Processing what exactly?

I'll have $11 handy just in case then 🙄

That is my plan as well lol 

Another question for you, did he have to pick up his medical results or do they send it to the embassy? 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

On date of examination, they'll tell him when to pick up, which is about a week later [5] business days. 

Also, when scheduling VAC and interview, double check that those days are neither US nor RD holidays.

4 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

On date of examination, they'll tell him when to pick up, which is about a week later [5] business days. 

Also, when scheduling VAC and interview, double check that those days are neither US nor RD holidays.

#######... the thing is ... he lives three hours from SDO and he usually only has 2-3 days off of work at a time. I wonder if they would hold the results for him until he can go back? I’m going to make him call and ask haha. 😂

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

On 11/29/2018 at 8:30 AM, SJ_Ulloa said:

SO when my fiance went he took everything lol... I believe all you really need though is the appointment confirmation, his passport, and money to pay for fees which is all . AS far as records he never has gotten vaccinated that we know of and had no record. If you husband does not have any records of the vaccines he has already gotten, then he more than likely will receive the vaccines over again as precautionary purposes. I know there are a little few differences between the Fiance and Spouse visa's but I would think this portion is pretty straight forward and similar. :)  

Sorry for going back so far and asking a question irrelevant to the current thread topic. My question is for SJ_Ulloa: You mentioned here that your husband had to get all his vaccinations again at the medical appt. Do you mind letting me know the total price you paid for including the vaccinations? I want to be prepared. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, msrodriguez said:

#######... the thing is ... he lives three hours from SDO and he usually only has 2-3 days off of work at a time. I wonder if they would hold the results for him until he can go back? I’m going to make him call and ask haha. 😂

They'd hold it. Have him call anyways and inform them.

58 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

They'd hold it. Have him call anyways and inform them.

Thank you so much!! 

Packet Sent 10/18

Fee Paid 10/25

NOA1 10/25 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.