Jump to content
EliAnon

Affidavit I134

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am in the process of filling out the Affidavit of support. I am going to have my HR department write a letter stating how much I make, how long I worked here. I am doing this since I have only had a professional job since October (graduated from my University in May), along with this letter I am including pay stubs as well.

 

Is this all I really need for an Affidavit of support?

Is there anything else I should have the HR department put on the letter they are writing up for the K1 visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I am in the process of filling out the Affidavit of support. I am going to have my HR department write a letter stating how much I make, how long I worked here. I am doing this since I have only had a professional job since October (graduated from my University in May), along with this letter I am including pay stubs as well.

 

Is this all I really need for an Affidavit of support?

Is there anything else I should have the HR department put on the letter they are writing up for the K1 visa?

1. Here is an example of the letter. This is all that is needed.

 

[Company Letterhead]

 

Date: [Date of issuing employment verification letter]

To Whom It May Concern:

 

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mr./Miss. [First Name] [Last Name] is an employee at [Company Name] and is working as a [Designation] since [Date]. [His/Her] current gross salary is USD [xx,000] ([salary in words]) per annum.

 

If you have any questions regarding Mr./Miss [First Name]'s employment, please contact our office at [Office HR Phone Number].

 

Sincerely,

 

 

[Signature of person issuing this letter] 

[Manager HR] or [Designation]

 

2. This is what is needed for the interview. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript




Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I am in the process of filling out the Affidavit of support. I am going to have my HR department write a letter stating how much I make, how long I worked here. I am doing this since I have only had a professional job since October (graduated from my University in May), along with this letter I am including pay stubs as well.

 

Is this all I really need for an Affidavit of support?

Is there anything else I should have the HR department put on the letter they are writing up for the K1 visa?

Do include a copy of your most recent tax return also, even if your gross income was not adequate.  If you did not file for last year then include a letter explaining why you did not file.


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Let us know if they (USEM  Consular Officers) / (Filipina/PreScreeners)  ask for the 1-134 at the interview at US Embassy.

 

 

 

The pre-screener is where the documents are collected.     I would say it is an 80/20 of not being asked for the support evidence based upon those that have reported back in the last 4 years since USEM changed their "attitude" on this.       

 

Still it is listed on the checklist as required documents..   what is a guy to do.

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

The pre-screener is where the documents are collected.     I would say it is an 80/20 of not being asked for the support evidence based upon those that have reported back in the last 4 years since USEM changed their "attitude" on this.       

 

Still it is listed on the checklist as required documents..   what is a guy to do.

 

I am still amazed they are not asking for it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I am still amazed they are not asking for it. 

 

 

I'm not.  The I-134 is a non-binding document (unlike the I-864), that is normally used for non-immigrant visas.   The K-1 doesn't quite fit as it has immigration intend .. but the I-864 can't be used either as the K-1 isn't an immigrant visa and there is no immigration intent until filing of the I-485 after getting married.  

 

Crazy visa that K-1 ... 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 2:29 PM, Greenbaum said:

1. Here is an example of the letter. This is all that is needed.

 

[Company Letterhead]

 

Date: [Date of issuing employment verification letter]

To Whom It May Concern:

 

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mr./Miss. [First Name] [Last Name] is an employee at [Company Name] and is working as a [Designation] since [Date]. [His/Her] current gross salary is USD [xx,000] ([salary in words]) per annum.

 

If you have any questions regarding Mr./Miss [First Name]'s employment, please contact our office at [Office HR Phone Number].

 

Sincerely,

 

 

[Signature of person issuing this letter] 

[Manager HR] or [Designation]

 

2. This is what is needed for the interview. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript



Alright, I will let my HR team know about the format. I will be taking down the Affidavit and the signed HR document down with me to Davao when I go in December. I will be emailing her my pay stubs to print off in early January so there is enough there to show what I make (Started October 1st). 

 

On 11/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, Hank_ said:

Do include a copy of your most recent tax return also, even if your gross income was not adequate.  If you did not file for last year then include a letter explaining why you did not file.

Yeah, I did not file for taxes last year. I was attending school and not working in the process. So I will write out why I do not have a tax return for 2017.  Anything else you and Greenbaum can think of that I should do or bring with me before I go down there this December, Please let me know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Alright, I will let my HR team know about the format. I will be taking down the Affidavit and the signed HR document down with me to Davao when I go in December. I will be emailing her my pay stubs to print off in early January so there is enough there to show what I make (Started October 1st). 

 

Yeah, I did not file for taxes last year. I was attending school and not working in the process. So I will write out why I do not have a tax return for 2017.  Anything else you and Greenbaum can think of that I should do or bring with me before I go down there this December, Please let me know :)

That letter should be just fine, plus a letter from you about not filing.  That and copies of your pay statements.     (don't be surprised if at the interview none of that is asked for ;)  )

 

Have everything listed on the checklist from the embassy and all will be fine.

 

 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×