Jump to content

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone I have one question please So I received RFE as an INCOMPLETE Does anyone know please what forms do I need to request  from IRS to make it COMPLETE as a proof that we filed our taxes together with my husband? Thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what exactly did you give them?

 

your tax transcipts (free on the IRS website) will have everything they want and more.


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, debbiedoo said:

what exactly did you give them?

 

your tax transcipts (free on the IRS website) will have everything they want and more.

I am kinda new in all that tax thing Do you what forms? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nazik said:

I am kinda new in all that tax thing Do you what forms? 

what exactly does the RFE ask for?

 

what exactly did you send?

 

You can download your tax transcripts (which is better than w2s or printed off tax returns) free from the IRS website.

 

For specific tax advice, ask a tax attorney.


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

what exactly does the RFE ask for?

 

what exactly did you send?

 

You can download your tax transcripts (which is better than w2s or printed off tax returns) free from the IRS website.

 

For specific tax advice, ask a tax attorney.

Ok thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you file your tax returns (or your accountant does), there are amounts that go into boxes  (or lines) on the 1040 (or 1040EZ) form.  There are often lots of pages that "compute" the numbers that go into certain lines.  Your "tax return" consists of all these pages, plus all the forms that talk about your income.  For people who work at jobs, it is the "W-2" form that gives a summary of everything earned or withheld for the year.  The 1099 form details any bank interest or investment interest earned.

 

A "Tax Transcript" is simply a summary of ALL these pages.  It will have your Social Security Numbers (part blanked out for security), how you filed (Married, Filing Jointly; Married, Filing Separately; Single; or Head of Household), and the amount from each line on your return.  It proves THAT you filed, WHO filed,  HOW you filed, and what the numbers were.  This is why a "Tax Transcript" is valuable in the immigration process.  Submitting the "Tax Return" just shows that you filled out a form.  Submitting the "Tax Transcripts" shows data from the IRS itself.

 

If you go to www.irs.gov, you, or your spouse should be able to download your "Tax Transcripts" (Do not choose "Tax Accounts").  Or, you can fill out a form and they will MAIL you copies of your Tax Transcripts.  I hope this explanation helps you.

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sukie said:

When you file your tax returns (or your accountant does), there are amounts that go into boxes  (or lines) on the 1040 (or 1040EZ) form.  There are often lots of pages that "compute" the numbers that go into certain lines.  Your "tax return" consists of all these pages, plus all the forms that talk about your income.  For people who work at jobs, it is the "W-2" form that gives a summary of everything earned or withheld for the year.  The 1099 form details any bank interest or investment interest earned.

 

A "Tax Transcript" is simply a summary of ALL these pages.  It will have your Social Security Numbers (part blanked out for security), how you filed (Married, Filing Jointly; Married, Filing Separately; Single; or Head of Household), and the amount from each line on your return.  It proves THAT you filed, WHO filed,  HOW you filed, and what the numbers were.  This is why a "Tax Transcript" is valuable in the immigration process.  Submitting the "Tax Return" just shows that you filled out a form.  Submitting the "Tax Transcripts" shows data from the IRS itself.

 

If you go to www.irs.gov, you, or your spouse should be able to download your "Tax Transcripts" (Do not choose "Tax Accounts").  Or, you can fill out a form and they will MAIL you copies of your Tax Transcripts.  I hope this explanation helps you.

 

Sukie in NY

Thanks so much It really very helpful and informative Now I know why they wanted those forms One question So I went to IRS.GOV like you said They have 2 options first get online which didn't work for me I dont know why and second get forms by mail I was able request them by mail They said they gonna come in mail in 5-10 calendar days They have account and tax return transcripts I did request both of them So you think it will be enough and COMPLETE in your opinion? When you said "tax transcripts" you mean "tax return transcripts" Right? I wanna do this time right the way they wanted 

Edited by Nazik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nazik said:

Thanks so much It really very helpful and informative Now I know why they wanted those forms One question So I went to IRS.GOV like you said They have 2 options first get online which didn't work for me I dont know why and second get forms by mail I was able request them by mail They said they gonna come in mail in 5-10 calendar days They have account and tax return transcripts I did request both of them So you think it will be enough and COMPLETE in your opinion? When you said "tax transcripts" you mean "tax return transcripts" Right? I wanna do this time right the way they wanted 

Yes, "Tax Return Transcripts" are what you want to send to USCIS.  They will come pretty quickly, which is great.  If you would be so kind as to give us the exact wording of your RFE, we would be able to see if the tax transcripts will completely satisfy them.

 

I also could not get mine online and had to request mine by mail.  It's ok.

 

Please tell us the exact words from your RFE so we can help you the best.

 

Thank you!  Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sukie said:

Yes, "Tax Return Transcripts" are what you want to send to USCIS.  They will come pretty quickly, which is great.  If you would be so kind as to give us the exact wording of your RFE, we would be able to see if the tax transcripts will completely satisfy them.

 

I also could not get mine online and had to request mine by mail.  It's ok.

 

Please tell us the exact words from your RFE so we can help you the best.

 

Thank you!  Sukie in NY

It says "good faith marriage, insufficient evidence" 

Here what does it say "the 2016 joint income tax return you submitted is incomplete,  is not accompanied by the required attachments and schedules,  and there is no indication it was actually filed. Further, it was not accompanied by the signature page" 

So when I get those forms in the mail where should I sign?

Edited by Nazik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nazik said:

It says "good faith marriage, insufficient evidence" 

Here what does it say "the 2016 joint income tax return you submitted is incomplete,  is not accompanied by the required attachments and schedules,  and there is no indication it was actually filed. Further, it was not accompanied by the signature page" 

So when I get those forms in the mail where should I sign?

You will not need to sign the Tax Transcripts.  They stand alone.

 

Good Luck!

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×