11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

what exactly did you give them?

your tax transcipts (free on the IRS website) will have everything they want and more.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nazik said:

I am kinda new in all that tax thing Do you what forms? 

what exactly does the RFE ask for?

what exactly did you send?

You can download your tax transcripts (which is better than w2s or printed off tax returns) free from the IRS website.

For specific tax advice, ask a tax attorney.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When you file your tax returns (or your accountant does), there are amounts that go into boxes  (or lines) on the 1040 (or 1040EZ) form.  There are often lots of pages that "compute" the numbers that go into certain lines.  Your "tax return" consists of all these pages, plus all the forms that talk about your income.  For people who work at jobs, it is the "W-2" form that gives a summary of everything earned or withheld for the year.  The 1099 form details any bank interest or investment interest earned.

A "Tax Transcript" is simply a summary of ALL these pages.  It will have your Social Security Numbers (part blanked out for security), how you filed (Married, Filing Jointly; Married, Filing Separately; Single; or Head of Household), and the amount from each line on your return.  It proves THAT you filed, WHO filed,  HOW you filed, and what the numbers were.  This is why a "Tax Transcript" is valuable in the immigration process.  Submitting the "Tax Return" just shows that you filled out a form.  Submitting the "Tax Transcripts" shows data from the IRS itself.

If you go to www.irs.gov, you, or your spouse should be able to download your "Tax Transcripts" (Do not choose "Tax Accounts").  Or, you can fill out a form and they will MAIL you copies of your Tax Transcripts.  I hope this explanation helps you.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

1 hour ago, Sukie said:

When you file your tax returns (or your accountant does), there are amounts that go into boxes  (or lines) on the 1040 (or 1040EZ) form.  There are often lots of pages that "compute" the numbers that go into certain lines.  Your "tax return" consists of all these pages, plus all the forms that talk about your income.  For people who work at jobs, it is the "W-2" form that gives a summary of everything earned or withheld for the year.  The 1099 form details any bank interest or investment interest earned.

A "Tax Transcript" is simply a summary of ALL these pages.  It will have your Social Security Numbers (part blanked out for security), how you filed (Married, Filing Jointly; Married, Filing Separately; Single; or Head of Household), and the amount from each line on your return.  It proves THAT you filed, WHO filed,  HOW you filed, and what the numbers were.  This is why a "Tax Transcript" is valuable in the immigration process.  Submitting the "Tax Return" just shows that you filled out a form.  Submitting the "Tax Transcripts" shows data from the IRS itself.

If you go to www.irs.gov, you, or your spouse should be able to download your "Tax Transcripts" (Do not choose "Tax Accounts").  Or, you can fill out a form and they will MAIL you copies of your Tax Transcripts.  I hope this explanation helps you.

Sukie in NY

Thanks so much It really very helpful and informative Now I know why they wanted those forms One question So I went to IRS.GOV like you said They have 2 options first get online which didn't work for me I dont know why and second get forms by mail I was able request them by mail They said they gonna come in mail in 5-10 calendar days They have account and tax return transcripts I did request both of them So you think it will be enough and COMPLETE in your opinion? When you said "tax transcripts" you mean "tax return transcripts" Right? I wanna do this time right the way they wanted 

Edited by Nazik

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nazik said:

Thanks so much It really very helpful and informative Now I know why they wanted those forms One question So I went to IRS.GOV like you said They have 2 options first get online which didn't work for me I dont know why and second get forms by mail I was able request them by mail They said they gonna come in mail in 5-10 calendar days They have account and tax return transcripts I did request both of them So you think it will be enough and COMPLETE in your opinion? When you said "tax transcripts" you mean "tax return transcripts" Right? I wanna do this time right the way they wanted 

Yes, "Tax Return Transcripts" are what you want to send to USCIS.  They will come pretty quickly, which is great.  If you would be so kind as to give us the exact wording of your RFE, we would be able to see if the tax transcripts will completely satisfy them.

I also could not get mine online and had to request mine by mail.  It's ok.

Please tell us the exact words from your RFE so we can help you the best.

Thank you!  Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

1 hour ago, Sukie said:

Yes, "Tax Return Transcripts" are what you want to send to USCIS.  They will come pretty quickly, which is great.  If you would be so kind as to give us the exact wording of your RFE, we would be able to see if the tax transcripts will completely satisfy them.

I also could not get mine online and had to request mine by mail.  It's ok.

Please tell us the exact words from your RFE so we can help you the best.

Thank you!  Sukie in NY

It says "good faith marriage, insufficient evidence" 

Here what does it say "the 2016 joint income tax return you submitted is incomplete,  is not accompanied by the required attachments and schedules,  and there is no indication it was actually filed. Further, it was not accompanied by the signature page" 

So when I get those forms in the mail where should I sign?

Edited by Nazik

Timeline
11 hours ago, Nazik said:

It says "good faith marriage, insufficient evidence" 

Here what does it say "the 2016 joint income tax return you submitted is incomplete,  is not accompanied by the required attachments and schedules,  and there is no indication it was actually filed. Further, it was not accompanied by the signature page" 

So when I get those forms in the mail where should I sign?

You will not need to sign the Tax Transcripts.  They stand alone.

Good Luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.