JFox762

Need help with Pre-Interview checklist

10 posts in this topic

It says in the pre-interview checklist... that we need a Confirmation page from our online registration of a delivery address for returning the passport and documents after interview. 

We did register on the linked site in the PDF... but when I put in her address, there was no "Confirmation page". It brought me back to the "Dashboard". Also concerning about this particular site... is it also has options for "New Application/Schedule appointment"

I'm really confused what all that is about. We already received our Interview letter for December 3rd. Why does this have an option for a "New application/Schedule appointment"?

Screenshot of "Dashboard"

In the upper right hand corner, there IS an option to update "Update Profile" and I was able to put my wife's phone number, address, etc in there. But when I click submit, it just brings me back to this "Dashboard". 

Also, none of those links in the squares work. I click on them, and they dont do anything. 

Also, what is a DS-160!?

NEVERMIND! I figured it out. You have to click "New Appointment/Schedule Appointment" and simply follow through it. It threw me off, since I already have an appointment set.

Edited by JFox762

On my Pre-Interview Checklist:

Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport,
naturalization certificate, or lawful permanent resident card).

Do I need to scan *EVERY* page of my Passport, and have my wife print it in color... like I did with the I-130? Or will just a Biographic page scan be enough?

Also, what proof of Domicile do I need?

Edited by JFox762

You dont need the passport, you sent your proof of status with the I-130.  Thats only needed for joint sponsors. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

12 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You dont need the passport, you sent your proof of status with the I-130.  Thats only needed for joint sponsors. 

I'm not sure that is correct. It doesn't mention anything about Joint Sponsors in the section I'm referring to .

Well the first item does mention sponsors... but not the 2nd line. The 2nd line and 3rd line both refer to the petitioner (me)

https://pasteboard.co/HNZp52N.png

Edited by JFox762

You can send your biodata page if you want but its not required.  Pay stubs and your tax return transcripts or tax return prove domicile if you haven't moved out of country.  Otherwise you may need more. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.