Jump to content
MarkandCharity

Interview On the 28th...

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Y'all I am so excited but so nervous! He drives to Montreal on Monday and will have his medical on Tuesday. Then flying here (it's cheaper than him staying in a hotel for a week in Montreal) to spend Thanksgiving with me, my children and my family. Then next Monday we fly to Montreal together for the interview. I can't believe we are finally at this point. It has been such a long wait. I'm grateful for this sight because everyone has been so helpful!  Prayers and good vibes sent our way please that the interview goes good. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best wishes!! It was a little over 2 years ago that I made the 8 hour drive to Montreal for the interview.  I was beyond nervous bc so much time and emotions had been invested in the process, but you know what, it was a breeze!

 

Just remind him to bring copies of everything.  And I mean everything.  They asked me for things that were not on the checklist including color copies of my passport biometrics page and the receipt for payment of the DS-160.  (Things may have changed since, but I like to be  over

prepared) 

 

Enjoy your holiday - not long now until your soon-to-be-hubby will be stateside with you, for good!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Best wishes!! It was a little over 2 years ago that I made the 8 hour drive to Montreal for the interview.  I was beyond nervous bc so much time and emotions had been invested in the process, but you know what, it was a breeze!

 

Just remind him to bring copies of everything.  And I mean everything.  They asked me for things that were not on the checklist including color copies of my passport biometrics page and the receipt for payment of the DS-160.  (Things may have changed since, but I like to be  over

prepared) 

 

Enjoy your holiday - not long now until your soon-to-be-hubby will be stateside with you, for good!! 

We were going over everything again tonight and I said we need to make copies of every single thing just to be prepared. I would rather have to much instead of not enough. I love hearing about others being accepted before us. Gives me hope. I’m so nervous. I just want to hear we are approved and know we can get married!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck to you both. South Carolina will be a culture shock for him lol I'm from the Toronto area moving to southern virginia 10 miles from the north Carolina border that is as far north as I could get a Raleigh girl to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tinman71 said:

Best of luck to you both. South Carolina will be a culture shock for him lol I'm from the Toronto area moving to southern virginia 10 miles from the north Carolina border that is as far north as I could get a Raleigh girl to move.

Ha ha yea It will be completely different. He’s in Saint John, NB and showing me picture of snow while my boys are outside here playing in shorts and a T-shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tinman71 said:

Best of luck to you both. South Carolina will be a culture shock for him lol I'm from the Toronto area moving to southern virginia 10 miles from the north Carolina border that is as far north as I could get a Raleigh girl to move.

I moved from Mississauga to Buffalo, so no huge difference, really, but I still experienced a form of “culture shock”, even with small things.  Western NY doesn’t seem to believe in street lights.  There are some on larger roads, but side streets are pitch black and it’s awful trying to see anything. 

 

1 hour ago, MarkandCharity said:

Ha ha yea It will be completely different. He’s in Saint John, NB and showing me picture of snow while my boys are outside here playing in shorts and a T-shirt. 

Okay, I’m a little jealous.  I need to convince hubby to move south.  He lived in SC for like a year, before we had met, but come home (lucky for me!).  He always talks about moving back, and now that winter is upon us, it may be the perfect time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

I moved from Mississauga to Buffalo, so no huge difference, really, but I still experienced a form of “culture shock”, even with small things.  Western NY doesn’t seem to believe in street lights.  There are some on larger roads, but side streets are pitch black and it’s awful trying to see anything. 

 

Okay, I’m a little jealous.  I need to convince hubby to move south.  He lived in SC for like a year, before we had met, but come home (lucky for me!).  He always talks about moving back, and now that winter is upon us, it may be the perfect time.

I’ve only ever lived in SC so I couldn’t imagine having snow to deal with every morning. I know when I go up there next week I won’t know what to do lol. I did tell him I want a snow fight, snow angels and hot tea lol. We get snow here one time a year at most and it’s not even an inch and people freak out lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MarkandCharity said:

I’ve only ever lived in SC so I couldn’t imagine having snow to deal with every morning. I know when I go up there next week I won’t know what to do lol. I did tell him I want a snow fight, snow angels and hot tea lol. We get snow here one time a year at most and it’s not even an inch and people freak out lol.

When Debbie and her son came up summer of 17 I had to explain to Bobby to ask for ice tea not just tea as they do in the south. He couldn't understand people drink hot tea. In hindsight I should have just let him order a tea and watch the look on his face would have been priceless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tinman71 said:

When Debbie and her son came up summer of 17 I had to explain to Bobby to ask for ice tea not just tea as they do in the south. He couldn't understand people drink hot tea. In hindsight I should have just let him order a tea and watch the look on his face would have been priceless 

Sooo funny! When I have hot tea here I always say that and Mark always laughs and says just say tea. It’s a joke we always do and his family makes fun of me too. Just like for a long time he would tell me he was eating BBQ every night and I was thought that was a lot of BBQ until he explained that his BBQ is just what I called Grilled Hamburgers and hotdogs or chicken. Not actual pulled pork or brisket BBQ. I love all the little differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkandCharity said:

Sooo funny! When I have hot tea here I always say that and Mark always laughs and says just say tea. It’s a joke we always do and his family makes fun of me too. Just like for a long time he would tell me he was eating BBQ every night and I was thought that was a lot of BBQ until he explained that his BBQ is just what I called Grilled Hamburgers and hotdogs or chicken. Not actual pulled pork or brisket BBQ. I love all the little differences.

Lol my friends and I have learned to say bbq instead of pulled pork. Mind you debs sauce is 1000 times better than our red sauce pulled pork. I gave debs recipe to a coworker and he loved how it enhanced the pork not drowned the flavor. His hunting buddies agreed. Carolina bbq is amazing. When you are north try poutine  debt won't do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×