Bashment

K1 Visa processing time

10 posts in this topic

So my case was approved in july i got my last paper mail in august and my fiance got the same mail a little over a month after. Basically it said the case was approved and has been handed over to malaysia. So the transfer process takes 3 weeks and they will contact my fiance when they are ready to process the petition. Neither me or my have received a mail or email since then 3 months

I didn't know how to check my case status until today 11-15-2018. I saw this message. it has a status of ready however we have not received any notifications.

Please let me know if i should call them directly  and how.

case.jpg.fd0f24d7b40bd908bb4a8d78773523b5.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go to the Kuala Lumpur embassy website and continue the process .  You may want to email them as well

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If it has been 3 months, you should check the expiration date of your NOA2, usually, it's 4 months, so you might need to ask for an extent of that period because when she gets to the interview it will probably be expired.

Thank you for the reply

what do you mean continue the process? they have not send me an email or notice about the next step that's the problem.

my NO2 expiration date is 11-20-2018. The letter I receive after the NO2 was the K1-FTP at the end of the letter it says

We have not been contacted since August.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bashment said:

Thank you for the reply

what do you mean continue the process? they have not send me an email or notice about the next step that's the problem.

my NO2 expiration date is 11-20-2018. The letter I receive after the NO2 was the K1-FTP at the end of the letter it says

We have not been contacted since August.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

That might be a step mistake,they said they would contact your fiance later after that notification, your fiance should call the consulate or embassy when she still doesn't get the next epackage 3 by that time. Now your fiance needs to email them as soon as possible to extend your Noa2 .Call the service first and email too. They'll need her name,passport number,birthday, or maybe your name, Noa1 receipt number. Best wish for you.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jenna Ting said:

That might be a step mistake,they said they would contact your fiance later after that notification, your fiance should call the consulate or embassy when she still doesn't get the next epackage 3 by that time. Now your fiance needs to email them as soon as possible to extend your Noa2 .Call the service first and email too. They'll need her name,passport number,birthday, or maybe your name, Noa1 receipt number. Best wish for you.

Ask your fiance to go on the website of CEAC to create a Ds160, get the ID number then she can start the process .She also needs the consulate letter or case number to book the medical exam(that's what we do here). A bit more processes to do.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Bashment said:

Thank you I will call the embassy tonight. I was extremely careful about this I can't believe i made this huge mistake. 

thanks for the reply the comments gave me hope to move on.

You're welcome. Good luck to you.😊

17 hours ago, Jenna Ting said:

You're welcome. Good luck to you.😊

I called the embassy they took down the applicants info. They then directed to me an email to which I had to reply to. I sent and email inquiring about my approval and the validity (the expiration date). They simply said the case was still open so I should let the applicant register. I ask for evidence that shows I will get an extension they simply said it will be extended continue to register. I formally requested for an extension and was expecting to get perhaps a letter back to served as evidence and confirm that I will get an extension. All i got was like a verbal agreement over email. Although, I will save this email to serve as evidence.

All this is happening and im actually flying out to meet my fiance in 3 weeks. This is just  bad timing trying to organise my things at work and then this.

Timeline
On 11/17/2018 at 2:56 AM, Bashment said:

I called the embassy they took down the applicants info. They then directed to me an email to which I had to reply to. I sent and email inquiring about my approval and the validity (the expiration date). They simply said the case was still open so I should let the applicant register. I ask for evidence that shows I will get an extension they simply said it will be extended continue to register. I formally requested for an extension and was expecting to get perhaps a letter back to served as evidence and confirm that I will get an extension. All i got was like a verbal agreement over email. Although, I will save this email to serve as evidence.

All this is happening and im actually flying out to meet my fiance in 3 weeks. This is just  bad timing trying to organise my things at work and then this.

What do they mean an "register"? If they ask you to register then you need to do it right away.Make a phone call to make sure how to register. Has your fiance  started to fill out DS160 ? She also needs to create a profile on the website of Ustraveldoc.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.