Gabrielejjn

Administrative processing due medical not at embassy

15 posts in this topic

I had it done last monday. 1-2months? So how come it takes them straight away to issue visa if they have medical on hand that day already.  I’d rather have experience from someone who was in same situation. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well typically when they have everything (!) including the medical it can take them from 5 days to 3 months. That's a fact, just look at google. Think logically for once and maybe google the wait time between the interview and the date the visa is issued and arrives at your home. Then add like a week at most. Then you have your wait time.

Just trying to help.. Sometimes people can be nice, you know? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AnnaYT said:

That depends on when they get the medical? But typically it takes like 1-2 months. 

This a London interview and it doesn't take that long unless there are big security issues with the case where they have to do additional database checks.

1 hour ago, Gabrielejjn said:

Who had this situation, how long did it take until visa was issued and delivered?  

52 minutes ago, Gabrielejjn said:

From day of interview if they don’t have medical package yet.

It happens quite often. 

You will get the visa once the medical is cleared. No way for anyone to give a specific time frame.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Gabrielejjn said:

I had it done last monday. 1-2months? So how come it takes them straight away to issue visa if they have medical on hand that day already.  I’d rather have experience from someone who was in same situation. 

Find out from the clinic when your medical was sent over.

Add 3 days or so to get the results to the right person and him to get back to your case.

Add 7-8 days for the visa to get processed and turned over to the courier.

Lol I’m not asking for specific day and time, I’m asking for those who has this happen because I’ve seen it’s quite common.

for someone saying to me to google and think logically for once, thank you for your advice. In last 16 months I’ve googled many things believe me and about 80% of it was useless or old information.  There is a reason why i started my question with “who had this situation”. 

2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Find out from the clinic when your medical was sent over.

Add 3 days or so to get the results to the right person and him to get back to your case.

Add 7-8 days for the visa to get processed and turned over to the courier.

Lady interviewing me said they should be receiving it today or tomorrow, so probably won’t add too much of a delay. Thanks gor your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Gabrielejjn said:

Lady interviewing me said they should be receiving it today or tomorrow, so probably won’t add too much of a delay. Thanks gor your help!

then why do you ask? You basically answered all of the questions yourself... 

3 months is a huge exaggeration. I'm doing my medical the day before my interview and I understand it'll likely add 1 to 2 weeks to the wait time. 

3 months? Extremely doubtful, unless there was something very wrong with you that was flagged by the medical.

Good luck! 

Hi 

I was in a similar situation (in terms of delayed medical). 

I am pregnant and 16 weeks at time of medical on September 14th. Attended the medical, thought everything was fine but they couldn’t see everything they needed on the Chest X-ray and had to pay for a private ultrasound (multiple X-rays not recommended). 

Had my interview on the 9th October, my medical wasn’t there, despite being told it had been sent a week prior (there was a bank holiday on the 8th October). 

Spoke to Visa Medicals, they informed me the Medical had been received as of 11th October. 

Timelines

9th October - Changed from Ready to Application Processing (Immigrant Visa)

11th October - Visa Medicals confirmed the medical had been received

12th October - Changed from Application Processing to Ready (Immigration Visa) 

15th October - Changed from Ready to Application Processing (Immigrant Visa)

25th October - Still Application Processing however changed from Immigrant to Non Immigration Visa

31st October - Changed to Issued

2nd November - Email received with courrier tracking details 

5th November - Passport Received

14th November- POE at JKF T7. Handed over my passport and envelope, was asked how I met my fiancé, then taken into a side room at immigration, kept there for 5 mins, asked when I was getting married then given back my passport. 

Hope this helps 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.