Cz100000

Vaccination Requirement

8 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been answered already but what exact vaccinations are needed for Knightsbridge? On some posts Ive seen just Td/Tdap, MMR, Influenza, and possibly Varicella? If you’ve never had either Hepatitis A/B jab and your over 18 do you still need to get it? Im a bit lost and tried reaching out to Knightsbridge but never got a response

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". That works for spouse visas but not fiancés who could get the shot after POE and go to a civil surgeon to sign off. 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, you don't need it. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". That works for spouse visas but not fiancés who could get the shot after POE and go to a civil surgeon to sign off. 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, you don't need it. 

I know I'm at a different embassy; however, I think it works the same. What happens in the case of the MMR? For example, if the second dose is waive will you have to get it before doing your AOS? Or if you get the first dose at your medical will you have to get the second dose before doing your AOS

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mozam said:

I know I'm at a different embassy; however, I think it works the same. What happens in the case of the MMR? For example, if the second dose is waive will you have to get it before doing your AOS? Or if you get the first dose at your medical will you have to get the second dose before doing your AOS

With the disclaimer that with hundreds of offices around the country and all the interviewers who might tell you anything, I will tell you how it's supposed to be.

If you have every shot needed for AOS (listed above) all marked either as received or waived by your visa medical doctor, then you are good for AOS. You never have to get the waived shots.. You receive a form DS-3025 showing you got everything medically possible and some were waived. 

BUT, let's say you were told at your visa clinic you were missing a few shots and you could just go to your family doctor and get them later and use those for AOS. (Knightsbridge cliic in London is bad about  telling people that.) If you get anything AFTER the visa medical, then it is not signed off by an official doctor on an official immigration form.  (DS-3025)

Once in the US, you would still need to get those extra shots given by your family doctor recorded on an official form. That means an I693 signed by a civil surgeon. So that means you are starting all over with a shot form on a new date. Anything waived at your visa medical may be now due by the time you go see a civil surgeon.  Does that make sense? When you start over at a civil surgeon, then if 4 weeks have passed since you got your first MMR, you will need a second one. The key is get every single shot recorded (or waived) at your visa medical and you won't need to see a civil surgeon. AOS can use your DS-3025 as your proof of immunizations. 

Another example is a a pregnant K1 woman. She can't have MMR (the Rubella part) so it gets waived at her visa medical. She is done if she got all the rest recorded and the waiver marked.  But if she had skipped maybe Tdap too, she would have to see a civil surgeon in the US to get it on an official form. If she is still pregnant, MMR would be waived again. If she is no longer pregnant then it's medically fine for her to get MMR and the civil surgeon would require it.

Edited by Wuozopo

23 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Thank you very much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Wuozopo said:

With the disclaimer that with hundreds of offices around the country and all the interviewers who might tell you anything, I will tell you how it's supposed to be.

If you have every shot needed for AOS (listed above) all marked either as received or waived by your visa medical doctor, then you are good for AOS. You never have to get the waived shots.. You receive a form DS-3025 showing you got everything medically possible and some were waived. 

BUT, let's say you were told at your visa clinic you were missing a few shots and you could just go to your family doctor and get them later and use those for AOS. (Knightsbridge cliic in London is bad about  telling people that.) If you get anything AFTER the visa medical, then it is not signed off by an official doctor on an official immigration form.  (DS-3025)

Once in the US, you would still need to get those extra shots given by your family doctor recorded on an official form. That means an I693 signed by a civil surgeon. So that means you are starting all over with a shot form on a new date. Anything waived at your visa medical may be now due by the time you go see a civil surgeon.  Does that make sense? When you start over at a civil surgeon, then if 4 weeks have passed since you got your first MMR, you will need a second one. The key is get every single shot recorded (or waived) at your visa medical and you won't need to see a civil surgeon. AOS can use your DS-3025 as your proof of immunizations. 

Another example is a a pregnant K1 woman. She can't have MMR (the Rubella part) so it gets waived at her visa medical. She is done if she got all the rest recorded and the waiver marked.  But if she had skipped maybe Tdap too, she would have to see a civil surgeon in the US to get it on an official form. If she is still pregnant, MMR would be waived again. If she is no longer pregnant then it's medically fine for her to get MMR and the civil surgeon would require it.

Thanks for the insight. Definitely understand the disclaimer, but this gives me something to go off of. :) 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mozam said:

Thanks for the insight. Definitely understand the disclaimer, but this gives me something to go off of. :) 

I would go with what you have if you think it's complete, ignoring generic interview letters saying bring I-693. Let your interviewer be the one who says exactly what he wants you to do. Some get sent for new medical exams. You never know who you'll get or how well they know their manual. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.