LucyF

Decision cannot be made. N400 interview experience - No dual interview for i751.

5 posts in this topic

Dear all -

I have asked about whether to expect a dual interview in this post, and thanks a lot to those kindly helped me: 

Unfortunately, I did not get a interview notification for i751 before this N400 interview took place yesterday. My husband and I prepared for a combo interview anyway, but apparently they could only do N400. The officer was very busy and she did not seem to be very patient at the start. When she stopped my husband from coming in with me, I knew it won't be a combo interview, so I asked her as we walking towards her office, and she said that would have to be a different date.

She cheered up a little as we went over the basics (my name, birthday etc). Then I carefully raised the question again - I said I heard about these combo interviews when only N400 interview is scheduled. (I did read about these cases at least in three different posts here.) She immediately said no, and that they only follow the appointment paper. Half way through the talk, she mentioned that the office was too busy and she normally did not do interviews, and she was there because help is needed. (I wonder if this has anything to do with I do not get a combo interview.)

The civic questions are: Who is the president? How many justices in the supreme court? What is the capital of your state? When is the Independence day? What movement tried to end racial discrimination? (and one more I forgot... sorry...)

It was fast and within less than 20min that we started to wrap up. The form she gave me marked that "decision can't be made" and in a different form she marked "i751 decision needed". She told me not to worry and within a few weeks I should hear updates about i751, and if not contact them. She was very professional throughout.

Now I hope to learn if anyone is in a same situation here, and what to expect next. In fact, we are moving to a different state soon, and I was hoping to get this done before the moving... Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by LucyF

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I've seen through other stories shared on Visa Journey that when this happens, generally the I-751 is approved / case closed within a month or so. Can anyone else confirm this? Best of luck, and congratulations!! :) 

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

23 hours ago, Carley said:

I've seen through other stories shared on Visa Journey that when this happens, generally the I-751 is approved / case closed within a month or so. Can anyone else confirm this? Best of luck, and congratulations!! :) 

Thanks so much for your reply. I did not know the interview of I-751 can be waived. I hope things would go as you described:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with @Carley most of the stories I have read seem like that.  Of course YMMV, but I would stay positive and hopefully you will see something soon.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.