FrankEPatrick

Family in Immigration Ban Countries

37 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, salhasl said:

Shot at success is no different than prior to the ban. The only thing thats different is that if she is under 65 she will be stuck in AP for an unpredictable period of time currently in the years not months. Most people give up non essential travel plans such as this after a few months. So this may be an excercise in futility, unless she wants to visit the kid when its 2 yrs old.

I think it's much less likely post-ban. My opinion is that it's extremely unlikely she will be approved. In the event she is approved, the baby will have aged as you've mentioned. I wouldn't waste my money.

1 hour ago, FrankEPatrick said:

Basically the sum total is to have grandmom apply for a waiver for a tourist visa and she may be granted a waiver and she may not.

Maybe a 20 percent shot at success?

Less than 20%, in my opinion. Id bring documentation of the birth and also have your rep and two senators contact the consular post. I'd also say that she is coming to visit her grand kid, rather than provide assistance. 

Edited by Ron12345

On 11/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Since when are official Department of State guidelines only available to lawyers or paid subscription? If it’s official, and not redacted for security purposes (which obviously it’s not if it’s on a lawyer/paid website), it has to be somewhere in the public domain too. 

i think the figure of just 800 waivers in a 6-month period over all travel ban countries and all visa types, when in a typical period like that there would have been literally tens of thousands of visas issued, speaks for itself.  No point giving false hope to the OP.

It's worse than that. Not even lawyers have access to the exact guidelines. Hence, there is at least one lawsuit related to the exact guidance being followed. There is internal guidance, which should be public information, but is not. Cases which are similar in nature are being treated in drastically different manners. On the surface, there is no consistency.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If it is a chance based process then all you need to do is keep on applying and eventually you will succeed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, salhasl said:

Pregnant Iranian women are treated like the queen goddess with the entire neighborhood and extended family at their beck and call. This on top of the general hormonal changes you have your work cut out for you.

Good luck.

This is likely the most helpful quote of the day :)

3 hours ago, Boiler said:

If it is a chance based process then all you need to do is keep on applying and eventually you will succeed.

Nope. Once someone is refused that will impact future applications. The waiver regulations were not being applied consistently between embassies. That may have been rectified recently, but it's speculation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.