proudtobabritgirl

Picked up my passport. No packet!

11 posts in this topic

I picked up my passport from the courier depo. My visa is inside my passport looking all lovely and official! 

I didn't get a package with it, just literally the passport itself. Just double checking that's ok as London is electronic processing? 

So it's cool to rock up with just my passport? 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/3/2018 at 7:46 AM, proudtobabritgirl said:

I picked up my passport from the courier depo. My visa is inside my passport looking all lovely and official! 

I didn't get a package with it, just literally the passport itself. Just double checking that's ok as London is electronic processing? 

So it's cool to rock up with just my passport? 

My husband received his yesterday, and he did not have a packet either.  My understanding is now that they are CEAC/Online processing that there is no longer a need of a physical packet.  He is flying in this evening, so we will see how it goes at the POE.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Husband made it over yesterday with just his passport.  The Officer asked for his packet, and my husband told him he didnt have a packet, that it is all electronic...the officer said, oh yeah

..london is all electronic now.  My husband didnt even go through secondary screening.  He went right through without any issues. 

11 hours ago, CO_Tonya said:

Husband made it over yesterday with just his passport.  The Officer asked for his packet, and my husband told him he didnt have a packet, that it is all electronic...the officer said, oh yeah

..london is all electronic now.  My husband didnt even go through secondary screening.  He went right through without any issues. 

That's fab! Thanks for the update.

All the best and enjoy your lives together :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My K-1 visa/passport just arrived this morning. I'm at work so haven't seen/held it myself yet but I assume based on this thread I too won't have a physical packet and just the visa inside the passport.

Well thank you for this post! I am still awaiting my NOA2 but without a doubt I'd have been fretting like crazy if it was just my passport and no packet, but thankfully being fully electronic is one less thing for me to lose on the way! 

Congratulations by the way! 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm starting to feel really nervous about leaving. Well, actually I think it's more a mix of nervousness, excitement and feeling unsettled. Im literally just sat around waiting to go now. Six days to go! Wish time would speed up! 

14 hours ago, DktrFaustus said:

Well I picked up my delivered visa just before and I had the passport, full sealed packet and they'd even returned my police certificate too. I guess it's just one of those things.

Maybe because you are k1. We are cr1. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.