Josie333

Affidavit of Support

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, durdana said:

Is your last year income was met on the tax return ? if not, did they asked any thing regarding the joint  sponsor something? We have the same embassy Islamabad. 

No joint sponsor needed my income is sufficient and has been steady for many years.  This was a reaffirmed case so its possible they did not need all the past information because it was supplied last year so they only needed the updated I864.  I'm not really sure but why they did not keep my back up information I provided.   I would recommend always providing all you can in the event they will ask for it but in my case I was shocked they gave most of it back.

I saw previous interviews at Islamabad asking for transcripts so I made sure I had three years worth they were all given back but at least I had them just in case it was asked for.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No joint sponsor needed my income is sufficient and has been steady for many years.  This was a reaffirmed case so its possible they did not need all the past information because it was supplied last year so they only needed the updated I864.  I'm not really sure but why they did not keep my back up information I provided.   I would recommend always providing all you can in the event they will ask for it but in my case I was shocked they gave most of it back.

I saw previous interviews at Islamabad asking for transcripts so I made sure I had three years worth they were all given back but at least I had them just in case it was asked for.

Yeah I know, right now I waiting for approval for my husband. I hope we get approval soon . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
13 hours ago, WaitingCDJ said:

NJ & RJ - Be cautious about relying on assets. We went through CDJ, and they would not even consider assets at my husband's interview. I don't work so I have no income, but we have way beyond the asset requirement. Our lawyer had warned us to have a joint sponsor lined up just in case, so everything went fine. I don't know anything about Haiti specifically. If you haven't already, I would discuss with someone very familiar with what they do and don't accept at the Haiti office.

Best of luck to you and your family....

@WaitingCDJ thank you so much🙏🏾

It’s a bit difficult to get someone to share that with you... and not many members with similar case in Haiti to share...

I will remain prayerful and hopefully everything goes fine

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.