Beusico

Confused with processing dates and service centers

10 posts in this topic

I filed I-751  (6/12/2017) to the California Service Center, divorced due to domestic violence. I did Biometrics in March 2018. My GC expired, went to USCIS Office in San Jose, CA end of July 2018. Officer stamped my passport giving a one year extension for the GC stating it has been approved but nothing yet. I called USCIS customer service beining of October 2018 and they said could not give me any information as my case was directly handled by Vermont (They could not see anything on their screen in regards to my process). Adviced me to send a letter inquiring about my case. So far no answer. Does anyone know what is going on? Thank you for your help!   

I think they are just way behind. I sent my I-175 at the end of May 2017th and I'm still waiting. Had to get an extension to the extension letter.

At the end of August this year they transferred my case to Texas and they send me a new extension letter for 18months. So, not looking good.

I could have started my naturalization last July, but can't do it with my Green Card pending. 

10 hours ago, SilMar said:

I think they are just way behind. I sent my I-175 at the end of May 2017th and I'm still waiting. Had to get an extension to the extension letter.

At the end of August this year they transferred my case to Texas and they send me a new extension letter for 18months. So, not looking good.

I could have started my naturalization last July, but can't do it with my Green Card pending. 

You can apply for naturalization as soon as your window opens regardless if your I-751 is still pending. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You don't need to get your i-751 approved before applying for citizenship. They can run concurrently especially with the backlog in ROC processing

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

13 hours ago, HappyG said:

You can apply for naturalization as soon as your window opens regardless if your I-751 is still pending. 

I have read that worked for some people, but not for everybody. I rather wait.

7 minutes ago, Keas said:

You don't need to get your i-751 approved before applying for citizenship. They can run concurrently especially with the backlog in ROC processing

Did you or your spouse do that? What do you write when they ask you info about your Green card?

Timeline

No we haven't there's an entire topic here on VJ about it as well. You can check it out. 

Timeline

There's is a lengthy PDF written in lawyer speak that outlines that it is allowed him USCIS website... Here is an excerpt of that... But the point being it is allowed so whoever it didn't work for just didn't so it right... Many people fail to fill out forms correctly etc. 

2)  Form I-751 and Form N-400 Issues . (A)  Concurrent Adjudication of Pending Form I-751 and Form N-400 . Because of  differences in the adjudication processing times for Form I-751 and Form N-400 and because conditional permanent residents are eligible to  apply  for naturalization (if otherwise eligible) pursuant  to 8 CFR 216.1, there may be instances when a conditional permanent resident admitted pursuant to section 216 will apply for naturalization while their Form I-751 is pending.   Unless otherwise provided by the Act, the  adjudicator should ensure that the Form I751 filed by  the conditional permanent resident applying for naturalization is adjudicated in accordance with section 216  prior to, or concurrently with, the adjudication of Form N-400.  In all cases where a final decision on Form I-751 has been reached, the adjudicator should update MFAS accordingly.  

1 minute ago, Keas said:

There's is a lengthy PDF written in lawyer speak that outlines that it is allowed him USCIS website... Here is an excerpt of that... But the point being it is allowed so whoever it didn't work for just didn't so it right... Many people fail to fill out forms correctly etc. 

2)  Form I-751 and Form N-400 Issues . (A)  Concurrent Adjudication of Pending Form I-751 and Form N-400 . Because of  differences in the adjudication processing times for Form I-751 and Form N-400 and because conditional permanent residents are eligible to  apply  for naturalization (if otherwise eligible) pursuant  to 8 CFR 216.1, there may be instances when a conditional permanent resident admitted pursuant to section 216 will apply for naturalization while their Form I-751 is pending.   Unless otherwise provided by the Act, the  adjudicator should ensure that the Form I751 filed by  the conditional permanent resident applying for naturalization is adjudicated in accordance with section 216  prior to, or concurrently with, the adjudication of Form N-400.  In all cases where a final decision on Form I-751 has been reached, the adjudicator should update MFAS accordingly.  

Thanks. That helps a lot.

Timeline

You're welcome. I couldn't link it because I don't know how to lol but you can do a Google search and it will come up. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.