4 posts in this topic

Hello!

So I'm probably asking a dumb question but I couldn't seem to find anything like it on here yet and you guys are always great with questions lol 

Ok, so we got our request for evidence on our I-751 Not too worried at the moment seeing as it has been about 17months since we filed and done all the bio stuff. 

But my question it just about the Joint lease we are going to include. Our lease is about 50 pages long and we have 3 of them as we've moved 3 times since getting married due to rising rent. We don't have our own printer and it looks like it'll cost us about $40 or so just to print out one entire lease contract.

Does anyone know if you can just send specific pages? Like the first 2 or so and the last few 🤔

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Charlii&Rich said:

Hello!

So I'm probably asking a dumb question but I couldn't seem to find anything like it on here yet and you guys are always great with questions lol 

Ok, so we got our request for evidence on our I-751 Not too worried at the moment seeing as it has been about 17months since we filed and done all the bio stuff. 

But my question it just about the Joint lease we are going to include. Our lease is about 50 pages long and we have 3 of them as we've moved 3 times since getting married due to rising rent. We don't have our own printer and it looks like it'll cost us about $40 or so just to print out one entire lease contract.

Does anyone know if you can just send specific pages? Like the first 2 or so and the last few 🤔

Thanks!

In my opinion, I would think you would only need to send in the pages that show both your names on the lease(s).  Most leases are full of boilerplate verbiage that doesn't impact or show that it is a joint lease, so I would just send in the pages that show both your names and both of your signatures.  Again, this is just my opinion.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

You can send the first page of the lease that usually says who is on the lease and who are residents in the house, and then the signature page with your signed names and the landlord.

The only reason I state the first page is important, is that a good example is my father signed for my leases with me before I was married. His name was on the signature page and if you just looked at the signature page you would think he lived there, but if you looked at the first page that dictated the actual residents of the house you would see he didn't live there.

USCIS wants to see that you both live together and are both comingling your finances and entering in contractual agreements together.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Gotcha thanks, peoples!

Yeah, when we first sent out the I-751 We sent all our leases with the first few pages and then I think the last 2. But we've since moved so obviously will send them our new lease. 

Honestly, even though we've done it before I just wanted to check and also because when we got the request for evidence letter some of the stuff we sent was listed (so to not send it again) but the leases weren't which I thought was strange. 

We have a good amount of evidence well at least I think so, I think since starting the K-1 then the adjustment of status and what not kinda prepares you for all the waiting and setbacks. The only things we don't have are children birth certificates because well no kids here lol and a lot of financial stuff together as my husband is the one that works and does the bills and our bills also can't have 2 people on them for whatever reason so it's just him. We have a joint bank account, savings, both have life insurance and health insurance together and obviously the usual couple affidavits, bunches of photos, leases, tax returns, cell phones records, our ID's and lots of travel stuff together so I think we will be ok fingers crossed! 

Thank you for all the help :) Also Congratulations Bill & Katya on your oath ceremony this year you all done!! That's so awesome I hope to be where you are next year :) :D

and Ash.1101 it's a nice surprise to see another person in San Antonio doing the ROC :) I haven't met anyone doing the same as me in the same city so awesome. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.