ChadTaljaardt

Missing Vaccination - Varicella - Lonon Medical

15 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'll be going to the Knightsbridge Doctor in London, however i am missing the Varicella vaccination. Does anyone know if you can get this on the day of the interview and if you need to call ahead of time to notify them?

I see on their website that they do give the vaccine : https://www.knightsbridge-doctors.com/practice-fees

Anyone know what i should do? Is this common because apparently the NHS does not give this vaccine away to everyone.

Thanks, 
Chad Taljaardt

From what I've heard they'll ask you 'Have you had chickenpox' If you have had chickenpox tell them the details, if not then you'll need the shot. 

I just got my shots for my medical. Dtap and MMR booster, nothing I can do on the NHS about Varicella.

If they want me to have it'll cost £50, so be it. 

Edited by thatguyuknow

3 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

From what I've heard they'll ask you 'Have you had chickenpox' If you have had chickenpox tell them the details, if not then you'll need the shot. 

I just got my shots for my medical. Dtap and MMR booster, nothing I can do on the NHS about Varicella.

If they want me to have it'll cost £50, so be it. 

Yeah, thats what i thought would happen, just wanted to make sure. I dont really care about the £50 at this point, ive had issue after issue after issue with the NHS and im pretty sick of it at this point haha. 

I wonder why the NHS doesnt give it out to people?

4 minutes ago, ChadTaljaardt said:

I wonder why the NHS doesnt give it out to people?

No idea, my GP has been great. I got the MMR booster and Dtap for free. 

They told me they dont issue the Varicella shot and wouldn't order it in.  I've already had chickenpox although there is no note on my patient summary/ records. 

Don't worry about it. 

Have you gotten an MMR booster within the last 10 years?

Edited by thatguyuknow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I can’t speak specifically for London but when you get your medical and they do not have the vaccine they write unavailable. This is what happened in my husbands case and when he came to the US he got the vaccine at the civil surgeon.

He wasn’t sure if he had the chicken pox before so we didn’t want to pay for the titers and the vaccine if it came back neg.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
25 minutes ago, ChadTaljaardt said:

Hello, 

I'll be going to the Knightsbridge Doctor in London, however i am missing the Varicella vaccination. Does anyone know if you can get this on the day of the interview and if you need to call ahead of time to notify them?

I see on their website that they do give the vaccine : https://www.knightsbridge-doctors.com/practice-fees

Anyone know what i should do? Is this common because apparently the NHS does not give this vaccine away to everyone.

Thanks, 
Chad Taljaardt

This the website for the location that does US visa medicals. http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-price.htm

They haven't offered Varicella shots in several years (at least they took it off their website). Chickenpox will get the shot waived.  No written proof is required.

NHS does not stock Varicella because it is not required for children in the UK. 

16 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

This the website for the location that does US visa medicals. http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-price.htm

They haven't offered Varicella shots in several years (at least they took it off their website). Chickenpox will get the shot waived.  No written proof is required.

NHS does not stock Varicella because it is not required for children in the UK. 

I haven't had chickenpox before, so i'm not sure what will happen. 

34 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

No idea, my GP has been great. I got the MMR booster and Dtap for free. 

They told me they dont issue the Varicella shot and wouldn't order it in.  I've already had chickenpox although there is no note on my patient summary/ records. 

Don't worry about it. 

Have you gotten an MMR booster within the last 10 years?

I got my MMR vaccine in 1998. And i haven't had Chickenpox before. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, ChadTaljaardt said:

I haven't had chickenpox before, so i'm not sure what will happen. 

I got my MMR vaccine in 1998. And i haven't had Chickenpox before. 

How do they know that?

If you don't  have a printed record of two MMRs, then you need to get the second one.

What about tetanus/diptheria/pertussis? What dates? 

Just now, Wuozopo said:

How do they know that?

If you don't  have a printed record of two MMRs, then you need to get the second one.

What about tetanus/diptheria/pertussis? What dates? 

Here is a screenshot of my immunisation record, black squares are redacted names etc. 

Not shown on this record but on a different record from Africa (where i was born ) is in the next post.

IMG_4525.jpg

20 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Hold up, you're telling me that I'm going to get another MMR? I had an MMR as a child and I dont have a record of it and I got an MMR booster on Monday. 

So I'm getting another MMR in 3 weeks? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, thatguyuknow said:

Hold up, you're telling me that I'm going to get another MMR? I had an MMR as a child and I dont have a record of it and I got an MMR booster on Monday. 

So I'm getting another MMR in 3 weeks? 

No record, no credit for having it. Varicella is the only exception to needing a dated record.

Good timing on the MMR if your medical is before November 19. Four weeks (28 days) must past before it is medically appropriate to have another MMR. You will be given a waiver for "insufficient time interval". Make sure they code that properly on the immunization form. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ChadTaljaardt said:

Here is a screenshot of my immunisation record, black squares are redacted names etc. 

Not shown on this record but on a different record from Africa (where i was born ) is in the next post.

IMG_4525.jpg

Looks like you are fine on Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis

You had DTP 1996-1998 (counts for Tdap)

You had the boosters for Tetanus and diptheria (counts as Td) in 2011 which is within the past 10 years.

Flu shot done recently

MMR looks like possibly two doses ('97, '98). Hard to read. 

Just the Varicella or chickenpox question remaining. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.