Jeanne Adil

DS 5535

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tried to put in Morocco portal as too many are concerned with the ds 5535

most think all from FES are getting this 

Form DS-5535, Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants, standardizes the collection of additional information, including social media usage, from immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants "who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities."

View a Copy of Form DS-5535

If a consular officer determines that a visa applicant warrants this additional scrutiny, the applicant will be instructed to provide the following information on Form DS-5535:

• Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;
  • Address history during the last fifteen years;
  • Employment history during the last fifteen years;
  • All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;
  • Names and dates of birth for all siblings;
  • Name and dates of birth for all children;
  • Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;
  • Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and
  • Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

these questions could have formally in years past  been asked in an RFE

personally,  you need to answer these questions to keep us all safe and i mean all (me,  the USA and you)

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Middle East/North Africa regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, savana said:

my husbnd is from fes  , omg  ,   we have to wait now  one other year  to answer us  so sad 

No, not necessarily. The author is giving her observation that this trend is heightened among that demographic. This post suggest ways to handle the response to DS-5535 IF you get it. That doesn't mean you're going to get it. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Josie333 said:

No, not necessarily. The author is giving her observation that this trend is heightened among that demographic. This post suggest ways to handle the response to DS-5535 IF you get it. That doesn't mean you're going to get it. 

yes i undrstant  i said that because  i know friend husband who is 4 they all get DS 5535 and they still waiting  , and on the group visa  facebook  so many from fes get it , i didnt hear no one from fes dont have DS  5535  

Timeline

That is what i said

the people in FES seem to think they will instantly get a request to do the DS 5535 / so much so they created a facebook page just for this

this is not so as we have seen posted on here many from Pakistan are getting them also/ the explanaiton here is to let them know reason for the document 

and that it is better than an outright denial

Timeline
3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

That is what i said

the people in FES seem to think they will instantly get a request to do the DS 5535 / so much so they created a facebook page just for this

this is not so as we have seen posted on here many from Pakistan are getting them also/ the explanaiton here is to let them know reason for the document 

and that it is better than an outright denial

yes you are right  i agree , just i have nt hear anyone from fes didnt get request to do ds5535  ,  

Timeline

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-12/26/c_136851561.htm

This is the reason

However, the most serious threat posed by the busted cells this year came from a cell that was busted in the northern city of Fez last October.

On Oct. 14, Morocco announced the arrest of 11 people with suspected links to the Islamic State (IS) group, saying their cell was planning attacks in sensitive areas in coordination with an affiliate of IS. Authorities deemed the cell as "extremely dangerous."

During a heavy police raid, firearms, ammunition, knives, gas canisters and chemical products used in bomb-making were seized.

In less than a month, police arrested 6 terror suspects in two separate counter-terrorism operations in Fez, tourist destination and spiritual center.

In a recent interview with Morocco's official MAP news agency, Abdelhak Khiame, director of BCIJ, ascribed the decline in terror cells busting to Morocco's proactive security approach, which is part of a larger multidimensional counter terrorism efforts.

He also warned of the threats posed by returning battle-hardened foreign fighters, noting that Morocco has since 2015 arrested 92 Moroccans returning fighters, including 20 fighters in 2017.

Morocco's counter terrorism bureau estimates the number of Moroccans who have joined terror groups in the

Middle East since the eruption of the conflicts in Iraq and Syria to total 1,660. According to the same estimations, some 596 of those fighters are believed to be killed during the fights.

Morocco adopts strict approach regarding returning fighters. A Moroccan terrorism law criminalizes joining armed groups, therefore returning fighters are systematically arrested.

Morocco was hit by terrorism twice. On May 16, 2003, the Moroccan economic capital of Casablanca was rocked by a suicide bombing, killing 40 Moroccans.

In 2011, terror attack targeted a cafe in Marrakesh's main tourist center of Jamaa El Fna, leaving 17 Moroccans and foreign nationals dead.

Since the first attack, the north African kingdom has directed major efforts to counter terrorism through security operations, religious training and human development.Moro

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.