Teyci

HELP!!!Wrong gender printed on K2 visa :((

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello there! So I collected  our  passports  today  through  aramex.  My  son  noticed that  his  gender was  printed  as "F"  instead  of  "M". 

anyone  encountered  this  problem? how  long  does  it take  for  embassy (SGP)  to  process? will they  retrieve  K1  passport  too?  we  already  booked  our  tickets  !!!

I want to  stay  calm  but  ...im  really  starting  to  panic!  HELP!!!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hello,

Don't panic! -- One of the first things when getting a visa, is checking all the details are clear. Mistakes are bound to happen and the embassy knows, as they suggest you check all information on the visa before usage. Simply contact the embassy and let them know of the mistake and they will have you bring back the Visa to be corrected. 

Good luck!

USCIS

Priority Date: August 28th, 2004

(August)08/20/2004 I-130 Fedex to Vermont

(September)09/01/2004 NOA1 (Received)

(November)10/16/2009 NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

(November)10/19/2009 NVC case number assigned

(May) 05/11/2017 Case opened for further processing

(May) 05/11/2017 DS261 Submitted

(May) 05/21/2017 DS260s Submitted for All three aplicants

(Feb) 02/17/2018 Case Completed

(March) 03/06/2018 Visa Interview Scheduled at US Embassy Skopje

(April) 04/17/2018 Visa Interview -- APPROVED

I don't know if anybody is going to be able to answer how long it takes. You have to ask the Embassy. The correct way is to let them know and they can fix it. 

I am going to give you an example, this is what I did, and I am not advocating you do this in any way, shape or form: I got my green card, this was several years ago. Pretend my country of origin is Singapore (I just randomly picked that). On my green card, it said my country of origin is "North Singapore". It was very clear that no such country exists. Did I do anything with it? No, I kept and used it for 3.5 years until they took it away at my Oath Ceremony. Did anyone ever asked about that? Not a soul. What if they did? "Oops, I never noticed that. How interesting!!". Ignorance is a bless. 

Edited by kid1412

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I got my K1 visa 1 week ago, and the same thing happened to me, my visa gender error...the question is, Does the visa gender error effect to the yellow package that I have give to immigration US at the airport ?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Tini1234t said:

I got my K1 visa 1 week ago, and the same thing happened to me, my visa gender error...the question is, Does the visa gender error effect to the yellow package that I have give to immigration US at the airport ?

Get it corrected.  Contact the embassy.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Tini1234t said:

Yes ..I have sent my passport to embassy 2 days a go , but still wondering do I need to send that yellow envelope package for immigration US at airport as well ?

Packet is your I-129F case file, plus documents from the interview at the embassy.       You should be just fine with POE

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.