Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BlueBuy

Help - I-751 RFE Documents

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BlueBuy said:

 

Hi, I'm in the process of I-751 and like to see if they send RFE, what are the typical documents they ask for ?

 

 

 

Bluebuy - are you asking what kind of documents to submit for your I-751, or, are you asking what common RFEs are?

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BlueBuy said:

 

Common RFEs

There are many, but here are some common ones...

 

1.  Missing REQUIRED documentation.  If they ask for a copy of the front and the back of the Green Card - you need to send them BOTH.

2.  Missing pages of the application form.  Send EVERY page - even if they have no info on them.

3.  The instructions say to include documentation SINCE THE TIME OF MARRIAGE.  Many people misunderstand this instruction and just send the last two years.

4.  Your documentation is supposed to tell a story.  It should show that, since the time of your marriage, you live together, you typically combine your financial lives, you socialize together, you have children together (not required!) and that you are "doing life" together.  In addition, you can get "extra points" if you also show that you have planned for the future together (as in naming each other as insurance beneficiaries, in wills, and in medical powers of attorney).  If, for some reason, you cannot show strong "doing life" together documentation, you may be OK if you explain thoroughly when you submit your packet.  Examples are:  students who live apart for part of the time because of school location, job requirements that separate couples, couples who choose to maintain separate financial lives for various reasons, one spouse previously owned cars or houses prior to marriage, so only one person is on a mortgage or deed, living with friends or relatives, so there are no rental leases showing both names.

 

If you slap your packet together so that it does not tell a complete story, you might get an RFE.  They CAN and DO lose pages, and might issue an RFE for that.

 

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sukie said:

There are many, but here are some common ones...

 

1.  Missing REQUIRED documentation.  If they ask for a copy of the front and the back of the Green Card - you need to send them BOTH.

2.  Missing pages of the application form.  Send EVERY page - even if they have no info on them.

3.  The instructions say to include documentation SINCE THE TIME OF MARRIAGE.  Many people misunderstand this instruction and just send the last two years.

4.  Your documentation is supposed to tell a story.  It should show that, since the time of your marriage, you live together, you typically combine your financial lives, you socialize together, you have children together (not required!) and that you are "doing life" together.  In addition, you can get "extra points" if you also show that you have planned for the future together (as in naming each other as insurance beneficiaries, in wills, and in medical powers of attorney).  If, for some reason, you cannot show strong "doing life" together documentation, you may be OK if you explain thoroughly when you submit your packet.  Examples are:  students who live apart for part of the time because of school location, job requirements that separate couples, couples who choose to maintain separate financial lives for various reasons, one spouse previously owned cars or houses prior to marriage, so only one person is on a mortgage or deed, living with friends or relatives, so there are no rental leases showing both names.

 

If you slap your packet together so that it does not tell a complete story, you might get an RFE.  They CAN and DO lose pages, and might issue an RFE for that.

 

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

 

Sukie in NY

 

Thanks for the info!  I applied I-751 already but meanwhile having documents of current life even after sent, want to make sure if they looking for extra docs so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueBuy said:

 

Thanks for the info!  I applied I-751 already but meanwhile having documents of current life even after sent, want to make sure if they looking for extra docs so

That's good!  Keep all your documentation.  You may or may not need it, but when you go for your N-400, it might come in handy!

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sukie said:

There are many, but here are some common ones...

 

1.  Missing REQUIRED documentation.  If they ask for a copy of the front and the back of the Green Card - you need to send them BOTH.

2.  Missing pages of the application form.  Send EVERY page - even if they have no info on them.

3.  The instructions say to include documentation SINCE THE TIME OF MARRIAGE.  Many people misunderstand this instruction and just send the last two years.

4.  Your documentation is supposed to tell a story.  It should show that, since the time of your marriage, you live together, you typically combine your financial lives, you socialize together, you have children together (not required!) and that you are "doing life" together.  In addition, you can get "extra points" if you also show that you have planned for the future together (as in naming each other as insurance beneficiaries, in wills, and in medical powers of attorney).  If, for some reason, you cannot show strong "doing life" together documentation, you may be OK if you explain thoroughly when you submit your packet.  Examples are:  students who live apart for part of the time because of school location, job requirements that separate couples, couples who choose to maintain separate financial lives for various reasons, one spouse previously owned cars or houses prior to marriage, so only one person is on a mortgage or deed, living with friends or relatives, so there are no rental leases showing both names.

 

If you slap your packet together so that it does not tell a complete story, you might get an RFE.  They CAN and DO lose pages, and might issue an RFE for that.

 

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

 

Sukie in NY

Do you know if they require the front and back copy of green card to be printed on two separated pages  or it doesn't matter?


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valor said:

Do you know if they require the front and back copy of green card to be printed on two separated pages  or it doesn't matter?

It does not matter.  Just make sure they are good scans/copies.

 

Sukie in NY

 

 


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sukie said:

It does not matter.  Just make sure they are good scans/copies.

 

Sukie in NY

 

 

Thank you and thanks for your speedy reply!


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×