10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So maybe someone can help me out. My fiancé and I are new to this site and since being here and looking at other people’s situations I see that people that have filed their K1s at the same time as us are already on step two and we’re stuck in step one limbo. Please any insight would be marvelous.....

We always advise to never compare the speed of your case to others. It will drive you crazy. Like the previous poster said, you don't know if those people had their cases expedited for emergency reasons.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

I’m sorry I see my query was rather vague. I think what I’m trying to ask is I’ve seen some folks that have filed the I129f in June and according to their timelines they’ve already moved on to noa2? Just curious if this is common or rather strange? 

Just now, M&L78 said:

I’m sorry I see my query was rather vague. I think what I’m trying to ask is I’ve seen some folks that have filed the I129f in June and according to their timelines they’ve already moved on to noa2? Just curious if this is common or rather strange? 

No it is not strange. There will always be cases of fast approvals. But like I said, we don't know the situation that made their approvals go rapidly. Most common are expedites.

For the most part, you are still withing normal processing times for the overall majority of I-129F visas. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

16 minutes ago, M&L78 said:

So maybe someone can help me out. My fiancé and I are new to this site and since being here and looking at other people’s situations I see that people that have filed their K1s at the same time as us are already on step two and we’re stuck in step one limbo. Please any insight would be marvelous.....

5 minutes ago, M&L78 said:

First piece of advice that anyone is going to give you that have already went through this process is do not compare the speed or timeline of your case with others. Everyone's case is different from the other and is reviewed differently. Some will get approved before you and vice versa. According to your timeline, you are still within normal processing timeframe. Keep in mind your case is not the only case that has been submitted to USCIS as they have a larger backlog than what they can handle on a daily basis. Find some patience and try to remind calm during this process...you are only at the beginning of a long, uphill battle with USCIS. Comparing your case with other petitioners will only drive you crazy and put you on an emotional rollercoaster.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline

Also, once and if lol the application is approved does anyone have experience with how long the remaining process will take? Specifically in dealings with the embassy in London.

1 minute ago, M&L78 said:

Also, once and if lol the application is approved does anyone have experience with how long the remaining process will take? Specifically in dealings with the embassy in London.

I would recommend you review your country's portal here in the VJ website so you have a better understanding on the steps that follow after you received your NOA2. Based on what I've seen London moves pretty fast.

I would recommend you use this time to review and research the information you need necessary so that you better prepared and informed.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.