cjamst

Three weeks since I-751 check cashed and no notice sent yet

7 posts in this topic

All, I need some feedback from others who have recently applied to the Dallas lockbox for I-751, on if it is taking them as long to receive an initial notice in the mail.

Our I-751 was confirmed delivered via USPS with all supporting documentation and payment on 9/25, and check was cashed around 10/01 (which is good).  However, three weeks has now passed since the check was cashed, and we still have not received any kind of notice in the mail.  Luckily we applied just shortly after the 90 day window began, so we have some wiggle room.  I just find it odd that it is taking so long to at least receive an acknowledgement form  that the application was received and is being reviewed.  All our previous notices typically arrived around 5-7 business days after action had been taken.  

I heard that immigration is tightening up and that all processes are now taking longer.  I understand the total process could take longer, I am just concerned as we have vacation in a month, and I don't my wife to miss her biometric appointment.  I am wondering if the transfer to the new lockboxes has caused some kind of logistical problem, and wondering if anyone else who has applied in our time frame is experiencing the same problem, or if this is abnormal.  Maybe I just need to give it a few more weeks?

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

Hi this is the same timeline as me but I had filed 09/22 and I got my NOA1 today I was very confused because normally the NOA1 is quick but it’s just because they give now the extension of 18 months it’s a new system before it was 12 months so I think you gonna receive yours next week I had applied to Dallas I received the letter from Vermon center 

Edited by lovelove25

Just call USCIS and get the receipt number. Then create a DHS account (https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/) You should be able to track your application that way and if you have biometric you should be able to see that on the account. My check was cashed around 10/12 and I didn't receive any text or email even though I submitted an e-notification form. So i decided to call. The agent gave me the receipt number and told me that my letter was mailed out yesterday; about 7 business days after the cash was checked and application was received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Getting NOA for ROC is no longer quick. Most people get it around 6 weeks or so after submitting. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Still haven't received mine. 2 calls to USCIS and the latest one said that they haven't even printed the notices yet. And I posted about a week later than you. Green card expired on the 25th but can't schedule a infopass because they say it isnt valid since my application has been recieved. So whatever. Just sitting back now and waiting for the NOA1. 

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.