Jump to content

Birth Certificate for minor child

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I noticed that on the documents required for us to take for our K1 visa interview, it asks for birth certificates for all family members. Who does this include? Minor child, even if they aren't traveling at this time? Anyone else? I just realized that and didn't even think about obtaining the child's birth certificate. We indicated on the DS-160 that the child will travel in the future, but not at this time. Thanks in advance!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate your response. But if I thought it was clear in the instructions, I wouldn't ask. It's confusing because in one part it talks about it for those that are applying and in another part it talks about all family members. if I took that part literally, we could have to get parents, siblings, etc. but that doesn't seem like what they probably want. That's why I'm confused.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.