Jump to content
EliAnon

I134 - Affidavit question

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I will be starting my Affidavit of support here soon, my main question so far is, "how do you go about getting your co-sponsor's papers correctly filled in?"

 

 "How do you even go about starting the process of getting a co-sponsor?" (My parents are my Co-Sponsor)

 

 

Thank you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I will be starting my Affidavit of support here soon, my main question so far is, "how do you go about getting your co-sponsor's papers correctly filled in?"

 

 "How do you even go about starting the process of getting a co-sponsor?" (My parents are my Co-Sponsor)

 

 

Thank you

 

 

You ask them to co-sponsor then they fill out the form and include their tax information.  They simply fill out the form just like you do.  They will be a separate form.


June 6,  2017 - Filed the K-1

April 20, 2018 - K-1 refused

June 11, 2018 - Got married in Pateros, Metro Manila

September 10, 2018 - Filed the CR-1

September 11, 2018 - Priority Date

September 14, 2018 -  NOA-1

 

 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

 

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

 

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY.   These are the only ones that can attend the seminar without their visa.

 

 

IMG_7714.jpg.2782f301709f81dd223fe1b62d085472.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I will be starting my Affidavit of support here soon, my main question so far is, "how do you go about getting your co-sponsor's papers correctly filled in?"

 

 "How do you even go about starting the process of getting a co-sponsor?" (My parents are my Co-Sponsor)

 

 

Thank you

 

 

You'll need an I-134 for both of you to complete found here https://www.uscis.gov/i-134. Follow the directions also at that link.  Then you will include the following information for the interview along with the I-134:

 

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

 

And this is a good primer to get started and know what the Embassy is looking for. https://www.visajourney.com/content/support

 

One more item that needs your attention. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

 

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

 

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

 

Thanks

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.... or  :time:    :lol:  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, thank you for the replies. I filled in my Timeline of what has gone on so far..... Not too much, just a lot of waiting. I heard it moves fast after the NOA2 though; so thats good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Haha, thank you for the replies. I filled in my Timeline of what has gone on so far..... Not too much, just a lot of waiting. I heard it moves fast after the NOA2 though; so thats good :)

 

Yes once the case file leaves NVC after receiving the MNL# from the embassy it can move very fast.    It can be a little slow with the case file transferring from USCIS to NVC  .. but that is partly because of the excitement  ;)

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hank_ said:

 

Yes once the case file leaves NVC after receiving the MNL# from the embassy it can move very fast.    It can be a little slow with the case file transferring from USCIS to NVC  .. but that is partly because of the excitement  ;)

 

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Yeah we will both be overly excited, I am hand delivering these Affidavits of support to her this december. We are praying to get our NOA2 in December or early January.

 

Quick question for you, how advisable is it to attend the Embassy interview? Does it greatly increase your chances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Yeah we will both be overly excited, I am hand delivering these Affidavits of support to her this december. We are praying to get our NOA2 in December or early January.

 

Quick question for you, how advisable is it to attend the Embassy interview? Does it greatly increase your chances?

You attending the interview does add a couple positive points, but truly is not necessary, as long as you have all the required documents and evidence of a genuine relationship all should go smoothly.

 

Manila is not a difficult embassy .. except they are very watchful regarding documents.  


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hank_ said:

You attending the interview does add a couple positive points, but truly is not necessary, as long as you have all the required documents and evidence of a genuine relationship all should go smoothly.

 

Manila is not a difficult embassy .. except they are very watchful regarding documents.  

That's good to hear. I'm not the wealthiest person right now haha, just got my first professional job out of college. So I really hope I can make it to the interview...... We will just have to make sure we cross our t's and dot our I's.

 

 

If we were gonna pull chat history from our Messenger for the meeting, how far back would you go? Can you sensor some stuff hahaha 😬

 

With my 129f I feel like I included more than required information, including Western Union receipts from me sending money every month this year, tons of pics from our two week meetup in May, receipts, itineraries, engagement ring receipt. We are trying to provide more information than they ask for haha. so based on that, is chat history recommended? I had pictures of our first "chat" on the site where we met which was already included.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

That's good to hear. I'm not the wealthiest person right now haha, just got my first professional job out of college. So I really hope I can make it to the interview...... We will just have to make sure we cross our t's and dot our I's.

 

 

If we were gonna pull chat history from our Messenger for the meeting, how far back would you go? Can you sensor some stuff hahaha 😬

 

With my 129f I feel like I included more than required information, including Western Union receipts from me sending money every month this year, tons of pics from our two week meetup in May, receipts, itineraries, engagement ring receipt. We are trying to provide more information than they ask for haha. so based on that, is chat history recommended? I had pictures of our first "chat" on the site where we met which was already included.. 

 

As for chat log you don't need it all, just a page or two from each month at most .. nothing crazy .. odds are they won't take any of it....  (just a side bet from me ;)  )


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×